Vintage Mustang Forums banner

261 - 280 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
68 Hardtop
83 Posts
Did the edges of the floor pan slide under the inner rockers? Easily?

Thanks for all the great pictures, I’ve been following along for awhile.

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Did the edges of the floor pan slide under the inner rockers? Easily?

Thanks for all the great pictures, I’ve been following along for awhile.
Way easier than I anticipated. Thanks for following.

Reactions: QuietChris

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
How stoked will you be when that floor is in and done?

Good job brother!

Allen
My heart was racing just putting it in for the first time. Thanks!

Reactions: Turnall

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
More floor prep, fitted the trans x member, sanded the top side of the floor pan, primed it.

Reactions: Turnall

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Came home to this.....

Its my lizard skin sound and thermal barriers and application kit.

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
ALWAYS inspect packages when they come in. I would have been out 170$ if I hadn't found this opened bucket until later.

Reactions: Bernnstang

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
Wow. What a day. Today was huge in terms of progress. I fitted the motor and trans. Now I can determine the driveline angle and such. This is the first time in 25 years this car has had an engine sitting in it. I've gotta get it straight and pushed back but it's sitting in it.

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
Ok ok, this crazy work schedule is killing me and my mustang progress. Got a few hours free so I came out to tinker. Got the car "level" and have 4° on the driveline angle. No mods needed to the tunnel.

·
Premium Member
1968 coupe, 1968 vert, 1966 coupe
733 Posts
I see that you have the tunnel brace in place perfectly....when you dropped the one piece floor pan in place Is the a gap between a few points of the brace? I had that on mine but everything else was perfect just needed some massaging!

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
I see that you have the tunnel brace in place perfectly....when you dropped the one piece floor pan in place Is the a gap between a few points of the brace? I had that on mine but everything else was perfect just needed some massaging!
I'm not sure. Ill check next time I have the floor pan in.

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
Once clamped its very close. A few clecos and I think it'll be a very good fit.

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #276 (Edited)
Tried to mount the trans crossmember last night. To my dismay the Ron Morris trans x member is obviously machined with three slots for the 68 mount, my trans mount for the t56 is one from a later model mustang, alas the two do not line up. The Ron Morris directions state the center single bolt can be used. But my mount isn't drilled for it, even though the directions for the mount say it should be. I'm gonna take it to work with me tonight and drill and tap it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Wow, you have the same luck I do when it comes to orders & packages. Love seeing the progress! It makes me super glad I have a CA car, although I know I'll be doing at least some of this stuff on mine at some point.

That motor and trans look beastly! So when do we get to hear it? :LOL:

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Wow, you have the same luck I do when it comes to orders & packages. Love seeing the progress! It makes me super glad I have a CA car, although I know I'll be doing at least some of this stuff on mine at some point.

That motor and trans look beastly! So when do we get to hear it? :LOL:
Depends on when I can order my headers. Soon I'm hoping.

Reactions: burnout289
261 - 280 of 283 Posts