Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm flipping through my NPD catalog looking for some additional parts I need for the fog light install on my '68. According to them, '67-'68 that did not originally come with fog lights still have the fog lamp feed & ground wire taped into the main harness. Any idea what they are talking about?

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Brett,
What I believe they are refering to is the power feed for the fog light circut that the fog light switch would plug into. If the car was not equipped with the optional fog lights the power feed was left taped tp the main harness. The plugs for the light themselves should also be taped to the harness out by the grille. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if that is the case, the plug for the on/off switch that mounts on the dash is part of the main harness under the dash and the the plugs for the lights themselves are in the main headlamp harness? So the only thing I really need is the on/off switch, the fog lamps themselves and the mounting brackets? ::

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
I believe so.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
My non-fog 68 had the main underdash feed connection but not the connects for the pigtails at the grille. Had to run new wiring from under dash thru the firewall. Don't think most non-fog cars have the blue connectors for the fogs up front at the grille. You will probably need the engine bay wiring and pigtails.... easy enough to look and check.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts