Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched, but couldn't find a recent answer.

I have a 67 with the remote companion mirror. The mounting holes are approx. 6 inches apart. I'd like to put a bullet style mirror.

The long base bullet mirror says the mounting holes measure 4-1/4".

Is there a vendor that makes one with 6 inch mounting holes where it wouldn't require filling and drilling new holes?

Thanks

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not concerned with the visibility. Just looking for one that fits in the existing mounting holes which are approx. 6 inches.
A couple vendors list it as 4 inches hole to hole. I have emailed a couple other vendors and so far no responses.
Just wondering if anyone here knows.

· Registered
1,173 Posts
I have not seen any Bulllet style mirrors that would cover a 6in hole spread though I wasn't specifically looking for that. In the end I just went with stock style. kip

· Registered
969 Posts
I have a pair of bullet mirrors with wide angle lenses from a Factory Five Cobra kit from years ago (bought them off their for sale forum) to be mounted and the current ones, also from earlier FFR version, but they both have the 4" mounting, I have not seen any with 6" but haven't looked very hard. I just have them on with the extra hole showing, The car will be repainted and I'll have the extra hole filled then. I mounted them so that the vent window clears the side of the bullet for now., I think I angled it out as much as I could to clear and may have hand carved a piece of plastic to achieve that.
Car Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle

If I were to leave the 6" holes I would look into 3D printing a base that would be more centered and cover both holes, match the half moon shape of the door and allow me to place the mirror where it clears the vent window/ angle it. Even when I have the holes filled I'll probably get an adapter to match the curve of the door for sealing and aesthetics. I need to learn how to 3D print before then...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts