Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rick, There’s a little difference from side to side and there replacement quarters..Anyone have a pic of this with replacement quarters? Yea I can fix it but as low as its going to be is it really going to be seen??

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
If the fit of original bumper to quarter panel is off, why would you want to look at a pic with an aftermarket quarter? It's either going to be better, worse or the same fit.

·
Vendor
3,666 Posts
I'm not understanding what the issue is here.. The relationship of the bumper to the quarter in your first picture looks to be more-or-less the same relationship on my original car. Are you trying to fix a non-problem?

·
Super Moderator
8,983 Posts
I don’t think the OP fully understood your pictures and comment?

These were cheaply built, mass produced, throw away cars, assembled with large tolerances,.......

·
Vendor
3,666 Posts
The outer edge of the bumper trailing-inward from the quarter panel as it approaches the valance is an original characteristic of all 65-66 Mustangs. All of the 65-66's in our collection (1,300-mile '65, 19,000-mile '66 GT350 and 270,000 mile '66 fastback, my sister's first car lol..) have the same characteristic. It's not a flaw, it's not something to fix, it's just the way the bumper tooling worked out. For 1967, Ford did a much better job with the bumper following the contour of the quarter. Here's a pic of the Shelby..

·
Registered
314 Posts
I all looks the same at 80 mph. 😁

Thanks for asking that question.
I’ve wondered same thing.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok what I was asking has anyone that replaced there quarters And looked at it and comparing it to one of the originals that rick posted...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts