Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Advance auto over the weekend to buy a rebuild kit for my Holley 4 bbl. I gave the guy the model #, he punched it up on the computer and went to get the part. He assured me this was the right kit, so I bought it and went on my way. When I got home I noticed the box said something to the effect of "IF YOU OPEN THIS YOU CAN'T EXCHANGE OR GET A REFUND". So I opened the box, pulled out the instructions only to find they had given me a kit for a 2 barrel Dodge carb. Way to go guys. (sorry, had to rant)

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Thats not bad. One time I went with a freind and he needed a flywheel for a 390, of caurse they asked him make and model. Since it was for an engine swap, that info was useless. I said it was for a 68 Mustang. He check the computer and tells me I'm wrong, Mustangs NEVER came with 390's. After a few minutes af arguing, I agreed with him and left. MORON!

Someone please buy my Ski Doo!
68 fastback
80 5.0 hatch
91 5.0 coupe
84 RamCharger 4x4(winter truck)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You took it back anyway....RIGHT??

67 Coupe Project Car (Did I say project car, I meant Pile of Rust)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I took it back. I wanted the $$, but they exchanged it for the right kit.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
that's ok, I called mustangs plus to ask about prices on a full front frame rail, the"tech" guy told me they do not make a full replacement rail, good thing they got those techs

everytime I think I am done, I find more stuff to add. WHOO HOOOO!!!!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I've come to realize that 99.99% of the people that work behind the counters of those parts stores are idiots. Do they even know what a car is????

I've gotten into so many arguements about parts that "don't exist" according to them and then I walk out with the part that "doesn't exist". Now I research the part I want, and walk in with a part number. That makes life a little easier when dealing with them.

Rob
Member: Slightly Modified
66 coupe 302
66 fastback 351W

1 - 6 of 6 Posts