Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Mach1, Mcode, AOD, 4 wheel discs, Ram air, Cragars in Vermilion Fire paint.
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
click here

and click to view larger picture.
We better let Kevin Marti know about this one!

I'm surprised this toys not worth more due to the misprinted packaging.

They're not wrong about the choking hazard!
I nearly choked on my sandwich when I read the year!

Sad part is no-one's probably noticed in 6 years.

·
Registered
467 Posts
It would only be worth more if there was a properly printed year one. As I am a collector of toys.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Funny. About a year and a half ago, the "Auto Week" news rag also had an article that referenced a '63 Mustang. The whole issue was so full of typos and misinformation (including a header on one page about the new C6 Corvette being based on the same platform as the larger Saturn!), I actually wrote them a letter. Bad enough some Taiwanese toy company makes this kind of mistake on an item that'll be sold by the hundreds of thousands, but a CAR magazine that ought to know better???

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Well the seller is "down under" and I think that he must be located at the point on the International Date Line where he is a full YEAR ahead of the US. If that is the case, 1963 would be correct for the Aussie version :rofl:

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
geez, that original car is one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. the interior is to die for... too bad they didn't keep that interior, especially the dash..

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yep, 63 Mustang II show car, not to be confused with the 62 MustangI, rear engine V-4 concept car. The chopped top & extra "fingers" in the side scallop grill(escutcheon?)-chrome thingy, were the 63's trade marks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
lol looks like a 67 to me.

we trailerd my buddies 66 mustang home after picking it up. and at a rest stop we had a guy ask us if it was a 62.....LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts