Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a new console for my FB, but one problem...it came out of a car that was a standard, and didn't have factory A/C. Well, guess what...mine is an automatic and does have A/C. Hmmm... I need to know if there is any way, with any number of parts, without cutting, glueing, choping, or anything else, that I can make this manual console fit my automatic. I have the brushed aluminum insert for the automatic console, I just need the base, and the radio pad/metal backing plate/sliding door. All help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
At the very least, you would have to cut the part that goes under the dash at the end to clear your A/C. Unfortunately, the top plates on a 67 are not interchangeable between stick and auto. Sell that one and get yourself an auto console. They are much more common than the stick consoles, and your stick console should bring a really good price (depending on condition of course)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have a 68 AT console, need a manual...want to trade? (I also have the AT shifter for the console)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't actually have it yet. I was going to buy the console, but I guess I won't be. It was just in such good condition and I was so excited. Guess I'll spend some more time searching ehay or the classifieds here for another one. It's not really a big deal right now, I just thought while I had time, I'd look. Oh well.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Well, PM me with the details! *I* might want to buy it! ::

1 - 5 of 5 Posts