Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pesty ole me again! Trying to get rid of these parts, but want to identify them 1st. They came from a 56 donor truck, and no longer fit into our plans on any car or truck we are working on.

Tranny is unknown automatic. I THINK it was from a mustang. I can't tell from looking at it whether it is a c4 or c6. I need a comparison tranny.
Numbers are C9ZP 7006A

It is attached to a 351M...From what I hear this is a destroked 400 block? IS this correct?

Should I use it as a garden ornament or would this be worth anything to someone? block/heads/exhaust manifolds etc..no intake or carb. rust in heads, unknown how long these have been in storage.

Thanks!
Renee'

·
Registered
37,479 Posts
The tranny is most likely a C6, as IIRC, 351M/400's were only made with 385 style bellhousing pattern. As for the 351M in the condition you describe, will make good solid item for filling a small hole in the backyard or for anchoring a small sailboat mooring.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
If it's 7000 instead of 7006 it would be for a 69 351 4v.The 351-400 generally had c-6's but also came with fmx's and c-4's. Our 77 400 had a c-4 with the small block bolt pattern but I've also seen FMX's with the 385 pattern. Yes the 351M is a destroked 400 and a very good truck engine. As for value they won't make a bill gates out of you, you'll probably have to give them away.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
If you KNOW thats a 351M (and NOT a cleveland), it's MORE THAN LIKELY a C6 (although I've read some 70's light duty trucks and vans equipped with a 351M came with a C4...but you said the number was a C9, so it's probably a C6)

If the bellhousing unbolts from the rest of the tranny, it's a C4....if not, it's either a FMX (I think) or a C6

1 - 4 of 4 Posts