Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry but I searched and didn't find an answer to my specific question. In the catalogs I have I see a replacement bracket for 65/66 to relocate the brake lines for dual exhaust, but do not see one for other years. Can I use the 65/66 rear brake "L" bracket to relocate the steel to rubber brake line connection on my 67 vert? Or are the brake lines different size for years other than 65/66? The car I am working on (67) has no bracket whatsoever so I have nothing to compare to. It just has some mangled torn out holes in the rear floor pan area where the bracket used to be. If I am going to be replacing it anyway, I want to locate it so that I can run dual exhaust when it come time for that.

Thanks,
Rick

P

·
0 Posts
and the answer is . . . . right in front of you :) There is no change needed. clearances are fine with the 67-up cars. Ford made that little chaNGE.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that's good news on one hand however, Since this car didn't have a bracket when I got it, does anyone know where I can get a new bracket or will the 65/66 bracket I see in all the catalogs work for me? For the life of me, I can't figure out why someone would have removed the old one (and they didn't do it gently, it looks like it was literally torn off the floor pan).

Thanks for the replies guys!
Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts