Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone posted this in the mod&custom forum, pretty amazing how they got this mod motor in there without cutting the shock towers.

Link

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/files/attachments/med_1193932514-cdc_flashback_20_a.jpg

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Holy smokes your not kidding. I bet you'd have a hard time slipping a piece of paper between the valve covers and the shock tower.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I think they did cut the shock towers. It is hard to see, but it looks like they are cut out about 4" down from the crown of the shock tower. It they are using an RRS type strut front suspension, they only needed to keep the top portion of the tower.

Either way, that is beutiful car. I am not usually real big on the totally custom stangs like the Ring Bros. cars. I do really like what they did with this car. The interrior is also real nice.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, I really like those rear interior panels

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/files/attachments/med_1193927761-cdc_flashback_24_a.jpg

·
Registered
393 Posts
WOW! I really like the interior too.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
mark_3x67 said:
I think they did cut the shock towers. It is hard to see, but it looks like they are cut out about 4" down from the crown of the shock tower. It they are using an RRS type strut front suspension, they only needed to keep the top portion of the tower.

Either way, that is beutiful car. I am not usually real big on the totally custom stangs like the Ring Bros. cars. I do really like what they did with this car. The interrior is also real nice.
Yeah they notched the crap out of the shocktowers. I'm still surprised it fits, looks like a 5.4 DOHC and a 4.6 DOHC is a tight fit with notched 'towers.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Did I see right, they put Cats on the exhaust? Is that a must for the late model motor to run right(computer stuff) or are they trying to make Al Gore happy?

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
I really like the double stichin thoughout the interior....very clean looking.
The engine compartment is tight and detailed nice.
The front bumper kinda has an 05' look to it....different and nice.
The concave area on the B pillars are a nice touch also.
Really nice car except for the color....not my first choice.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I saw that car at SEMA, it was beautifull!!! They had a bare dynacorn body suspended above it.

There was also a volvo roadster that almost looked like a 32-ish roadster. It was awesome. I will see if my g/f took pix of it (she had the camera)

Jason

1 - 10 of 10 Posts