Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came accross this car yesterday and nearly bit - but it sounded too good to be true:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2487005285&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

(I'm not sure if this link works, but it's item# 2487005285)
A rust-free 1967 390 convertible with deluxe interior for $12,500? The guy has feedback of 600+ so it looked legit, but it just seemed too good to be true. Anyway, someone used the buy-it-now about 5 minutes after I found the listing, so maybe I missed a great car for a good price or maybe I missed a scam.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I am pretty sure this car recently was owned by a fellow VMF
member (Kevin Sykes). The car recently sold on EBAY in excess 0f $30,000.00
I would suspect that this was a scam. The car is a steal in the mid 20's. If it sounds too good to be legit, most likely somebody just got screwed.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it is a scam, how does he get 600+ of positive feedback?

·
Registered
317 Posts
If it is a scam, how does he get 600+ of positive feedback?
You find someone with good feedback, run a program to hack their password, hijack their account and run the scam. Change your ebay password often.

·
Registered
776 Posts
No Question about it this was a Scam. I don't know how they do this, but it has made me very leary about bidding on anything on EBAY. If anyone else can explain, how a guy can list a car location as Danny Thomas United States, with some sort of legit e-mail, grap a 25 % deposit, and run.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Most definately a scam. Has all the earmarks. Private aution, Buy it Now at a too good price and the fact that that us a car one of our own sold recently. Only 1 bid and it looks like it was from a dealer. I just hope he doesn't get screwed.

Ebay is getting so bad on scamsr.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Hmmm............................
It looks like our old friend, lawnsofdallas, changed his Ebay name to dallasclassics and pushed the BUY IT NOW button. I don't know who lawnsofdallas is, but I know that he (or she) is no dummy when it comes to Ebay and Mustangs, so I have to wonder whats up. ::

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Fraud . Only a scammer from europe or ... would use 12,500 USD . Who says 'US dollars '? Just use $12,500 and it would be less obvious .

·
Registered
630 Posts
It may be a scam but it sure is pretty!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So a second post about Dallas classics and a question as well, we ran this ad on eBay
item # 160815325292 and dallasclassics used buy it now. what do you all think? Were we stupid low on price or is he just able to find buyers?
I also am bit leary about his hidden feedback and just hope this sale gets completed without drama.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts