·
Premium Member
7,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not my car, and have 0 interest in it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
No title, body looks mostly shot, interior fully shot, minimal glass, engine is doubtlessly rusted beyond use if it sat with no hood and an open intake like that, I wouldn't imagine its going for too much. A future roof donor maybe?

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Yup- the dash in my blue ‘65 FB looked the same way when I started!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
That's right on the NC coast...lots of salty air over there. Surprised there's anything left of the car.

Do you guys even see a single part worth saving on that car?

·
Premium Member
12,017 Posts
Do you guys even see a single part worth saving on that car?
The VIN if they had a title to go with it.
If the car is on the lady's property and her brother was the registered owner I would think that it wouldn't be too difficult to get a title, especially if the brother is still alive.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Easy finding a title in NC. Just pay for the research on the VIN at the DMV. I think it was $10 or $15 last time I did it. Getting it in your name however is a different story. The last title holder will need to file for a duplicate. This can be done by either the owner or if deceased, the executor. Then, that would have to be signed over to you. Maybe the owner didn't want to sell it. All kinds of things can go wrong here. And NC is sometimes (most of the time) really uptight about titles. I no longer entertain purchases that do not have a clear title in the seller's name. Nearly got burned by a title jump a long time ago. Still have the scars, and I do have the car, and the title is in my name.

New Bern is a nice place. Way more into their Colonial history than events that came after. Touristy, good food, nice B&B's.

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
The VIN if they had a title to go with it.
If the car is on the lady's property and her brother was the registered owner I would think that it wouldn't be too difficult to get a title, especially if the brother is still alive.

Many states don't require titles on cars of a certain age. To some that is not an issue.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Damn. I thought we had bad rust in the "rust belt"

·
Registered
35,852 Posts
Looks like it's holding steady at $510. Approaching the limits of a "good deal". A couple, potentially, good parts.... fold down parts, interior panels, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,296 Posts
The pot metal parts like headlight doors, buckets, and fender extensions don't rust. Maybe the fastback side panels inside held up? I doubt it.

·
Premium Member
7,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If it was local, I would put a grand in his hand in a split second.

Fiberglass, disc Brake set up, roof.

I notice how straight the body is, even with the rust. I am thinking most of the rust came from sitting, not driving. No signs of accident damage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts