Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving my '65 coupe through the new subdivision I live in, I came across what looked like a Mustang under a tarp in a garage. The owner was in the driveway, so I stopped to talk. It turns out to be a '69 convertible and he's been thinking about selling it. He said that he doesn't know much about cars and that he bought it 7 years ago. It is an older restoration and was painted non-original Wimbledon white. It has black interior, and automatic trans, and a 302. He doesn't know if the engine is original, and I don't know anything about '69s, so I didn't know what to look for. From the outside, it looks straight and solid, and the driver's door opened and shut OK.

When I asked what he was thinking of asking, he said that he was going to list it on e-hay with just a $4,000 reserve. This sounds low to me, but again, I don't know much about that vintage.

Let me know what you think. I told him I would ask the experts here and get back to him. He said he would hold-off posting it on e-hay for a while. He also gave me his phone number and told me I could pass it on to anyone that is interested.

Later,
Chris

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's located about 50 miles west of Chicago, IL just west of the Geneva/Batavia area.

Chris

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
do the USUAL checks for any Mustang purchase, but pay particularly close attention to the underneath (rockers, torque boxes, floors, etc). if it is rusted or has had repairs - PASS ON IT. If on the other hand, it is fairly decent underneath - ask to drive it and check out the engine, brakes, suspension, etc. If everything meets your checklist, offer him the 4k up front - the 69 is considered by many to be the "pinacle" of Mustang design with the four headlight, shark-nose appearance. The 69 convertible is an EXCELLENT foundation for a great updated restomod droptop....

randy

G

·
0 Posts
I live down in Chicago, can u pm thephone number. I wouldnt mond takin a look. thanks> joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts