Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may recall, i have a 65 vert with no front end parts (see this thread if you dont, or for pictures). I would like to find out exactily how much this is going to cost me before i decide to go ahead with the project, or scrap it. However, i dont really know what i need to buy as far as suspention parts go, so i am hoping someone here can fill me in /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

also, does anyone have recomendations on a book to get with diagrams so i can figure out what i am doing when i go to put this together? thanks alot for your help.

- Jason

·
Registered
759 Posts
Your best bet is to order Mustang Parts catalogs. Mustang Plus, Nation Parts Depot, Mustangs Unlimited. A lot of the catalogs have Ford Diagrams. Also pick yourself up a repo Shop Manual. The catalogs will also give you prices /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
IMHO, suspension parts are not to the cost driver - it'll be getting the unibody back to stock. Unlike a respondee in your previous thread, I used a Granada disc brake conversion kit in my stock '66 289 coupe, so I can tell you from experience that Granada stuff fits. Most of the suspension you can get via suspension kits (I'd suggest from Ponderosa Mustang or Mustangs Plus, because they package so much of the items you need. Matt at Ponderosa holds a special place in VMF'er hearts, because of his generosity and TCP discounts); the rest from a junkyard.

If you want to scrap the project, I'll take it off your hands!!!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts