Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across this website. These guys are trying to hype this car, but I am not sure if anyone has heard of it! To me it is a little too over the top. I think they were trying to create the next great Fastback, and sell it for 150K+. Who buys these cars? And would you drive it if you bought it?

http://www.obsidiansg1.com/

·
Registered
382 Posts
i saw this in mustang monthly once...

i'd drive it :p

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
These are the guys building the dynacorn car in Mustang&Fords magazine, I dig the '06 style headlights.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If I bought it I'd have to live in it.

Luckily, I find it a bit over the top...

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
yeah I'd drive it.
I was almost considering the paddle shifters for BLISTIC.
It is only a $2500 dollar option.
Maybe for the Daytona coupe.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I thought this was one of the big hits from SEMA last year. The pictures I remember seeing looked better than the ones on their site.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
For what you get these days for $150K, this car looks to have the value to match.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The Reactor (not the Kona) and the Obsidian were both at SEMA last year. The Reactor was in the Roush booth and the Obsidian was outdoors in the main walkway...

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,711 Posts
Hmmm, bother anybody else that they claim 900 horses put through a TKO rated for 650 HP. Just me? Oh well.
The "Master Shift" shifters are cool as heck though. Somebody did a fine job engineering that setup. I just have a slight negative worry about the long term durability of that set. I've seen all sorts of OEM shifter wear, problems, and slop due to years and wear. Usually not too hard to correct with replacement parts though. This setup. I dunno. I could be just being too pessimistic. Maybe.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I like most of it. But it's not the way I would build it, so I wouldn't buy it.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
There is a lot I like about it... the hood isn't one of the things though. First time I've seen the '65 Shelby glass 1/4 windows though on a '67

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
GypsyR said:
Hmmm, bother anybody else that they claim 900 horses put through a TKO rated for 650 HP. Just me? Oh well....
Probably doesn't matter, these cars rarely see anything but the inside of a trailer and a car show.

Tim

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have a question regarding the Honey Comb Mesh? Where can I by the Mesh material and fabricate my own to fit my 66 fastback?

Some of the things these builders do are way over the top and begin to take away from the true image of the car, however some of the items they use can look nice without taking away from the trueness.

Thanks,
Rus

·
Registered
382 Posts
i'll be honest, if i had a car like that i'd drive the hell out of it. about the tranny, in the video he said its only there until they get something that can handle more torque.

i also agree on the living in it part lol

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
Tastefully done for the most part, but as most one-off cars there are things i personally don't like. Not a fan of that ginormous hood scoop and the intake/air box on the motor is a bit weird. Love the interior and dash, and is elegant IMO. Afraid to admit it, but i kinda like the front and rear fascias. Typically they look to "ricer" but these are done well. Not much left on the car that is original, as it appears they put a full frame on the car and put in custom floor pans.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Everyone seems a bit harsh on a car that has some pretty decent engineering and construction.
I guess if it had more 70's flair it would be more to the liking.Sesh!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts