Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am another newby to this forum. I am restoring a 67 mustang fastback, trying to finish the interior and the rear fold down seat. I seem to be lost in the process. I can certainly use what ever advice or suggestions from you fellows, if you could share in your experiences. I will try to post pix of my Stang in a few days. This seems to be a great forum...:)

·
Registered
35,891 Posts
Did the car come with a fold-down seat? Only half of 67's did. Lotta people think they have a fold seat because if they take out the back bolts the seat flops down. Ther's more to it than that. Check here to see how to assemble your seat:

67ID

·
Registered
638 Posts
Mike,

Welcome to our wonderful site. I am about half way through my 67 Fastback and can help you out on anything you need. I have loads of pics and will help however I can. You can email me directly at [email protected] or pm me for any specific questions.

Chris

·
Registered
626 Posts
mike I can feel your pain. I am hoping to finish my interior this week. I have a 67 fastback w/out the fold down rear seat. I am keeping pics as well. There is a lot of knowledge here

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I've saved the folddown.com website and have printed the information and pixs off of it, hoping it will be helpful. My fb did not come with the fold down seat. I have been acquiring it in bits and pieces. I am missing a piano hinge and presently on the lookout for one...I don't need the whole installation kit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chris,
Thanks for your offer for assistance. I may just take you up on it. I have been doing pixs of my along the way also. The outside is pretty much complete, just need to finish the interior and add a few things yet for road trips...installing side windows, weather-stripping, underlayment & fire proofing, headliner,...I guess there is alot more than I care to enumerate. I feel totally confused re the rear fold down...have ordered a book re the interior and hoping it also will be of some assistance. Thanks again for you offer of assistance. I look forward to seeing your pixs.
Mike

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
This really is a great forum with friendly people. There is so much information on here, so definitely make use of the search function. You will find a lot of great threads. I wish I would have found this forum before I bought my car. I would have been a little smarter about it...but I still love my car. ;)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Mike, I have an extra piano hinge that is in excellent shape. Just pm me with any other needs and I will get what I have out to you.

Chris

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi all,
I am another newby to this forum. I am restoring a 67 mustang fastback, trying to finish the interior and the rear fold down seat. I seem to be lost in the process. I can certainly use what ever advice or suggestions from you fellows, if you could share in your experiences. I will try to post pix of my Stang in a few days. This seems to be a great forum...:)
Welcome.. and I too am new to these forums and restoring a 67 coupe.. Unfortunately I am not needing to do interior as it came to us in good shape.. on the inside..just needs few minor things.. carpet and few other little things.. Sounds like fun though? or is it? ... Love to see some pics.. and again welcome...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts