Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!! Well, the other day I was out and about when I witnessed a sad sight lying be the side of the road. Next to a driveway sat 2 old Chevy Fleetline fastback 2 door cars (both from late 40's). Obviously they have been there a while judging by the pile of junk around them and the grass growing around them as if to hide them for all eternity. Heck, might as well look at them and see if the property owner was willing to sell them. Upon looking at them I noticed they were all original, relatively straight and solid (from what I saw), and surprisingly rust free (again, from what I saw). Yet set into the license plate holder on one of the cars was a license plate with a date of 1956, and the other one had a date of 1967!!! Obviously my suspicions of these cars having sat for a while were true!!! Judging by the engine parts in the back seats I could tell they had engine problems, and so were sentenced to endure the next 40 years outside, rotting in the elements. When I asked the landowner about the cars, she said "sorry, but my stepdad sold those already." Oh well, no big deal. Anyway, stopped at another guy's house to look at an old Willys pickup (1955) simply out of curiosity. Anyway, got to talking with the guy who restored the pickup and he also asked about those cars a couple of years back. Only thing was... SAME STORY!!! She told him the cars were sold, by her stepdad, to a guy in Texas. Now if I was that guy in Texas, I think I would claim what I bought before a couple of years went by!!! So obviously she lied to me, and those cars still sit there awaiting there timely demise. I just can't stand it becuase I can imagine those things brand new, as someone's pride and joy. They had to of been neat... Both were black... Had AM radios... One even had a clock... Oh well, guess I'm just gonna have to sit and watch as the rust eats through the metal year after year and the sun fades what is left of the original paint. They can now only be another sad story for the web site www.carsinbarns.com, unfortunately.

G

·
0 Posts
Thats sad, owner probably thinks the're worth a fortune and is holding on to them in case they need a load of money sometime.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I was on my way to a Ford car show yesterday and on the way i saw a 69 camaro sitting in a front lawn grass growing all around it it had been siting there for at least 15 years from what i saw so i stop go look at the license plate 1984 it was off the road .. it was a ss396 and all pretty good looking shape well i left thought it was just weird someone would do that to sucha nice car

G

·
0 Posts
i drive around 4 states doing computer work, some of it way out in the woods at job sites
and have seen just about every make and model rusting away with every kind of stupid
story you can think of from the owners as to why they are. it's sad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts