Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mallory distributor in a 351W with dual points, and want to replace the points with something easier to work with. I know the Petronix kit will replace the dual points in an original Ford distributor, but will the same kit replace the dual points in an aftermarket Mallory distributor?

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Don't know, but hopefully someone will chime in. Have you contacted Pertronix? If the points set on your Mallory Dizzy is the same as the ford dual point dist, I ssume it woudl drop right in. Contact Pertronix and ask them.

Good luck...

Steve Leslie, 65 coupe in restoration. 302, toploader, A/C, disc brakes, bench seat

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1571478&a=12535662&p=46267978&Sequence=1.jpg

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Seriously doubt the pertronics would fit, but as previous poster suggested, contact Mallory.

[color:blue]68 GT500</font color=blue>
[color:green]68 1/2 CJ Coupe</font color=green>

MCA# 18519

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cowboy-
The Petronix kit should slip right in, while the points set-up on the Malory may or may not work the same as the original Ford distributor, all you are going to do is take them right out, and put the Petronix in.

-John

66' 200 3 speed Daily Driver
AkA Babe the Blue Ox
Bloomington, IN & Louisville, KY

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be more concerned about the size of the point cam on the distributor shaft. The Petronix kit that I installed fit very tightly over the distributor shaft, if the Mallary is different in this respect then the kit will not work.

Why not just by a rebuilt distributor from the parts house for $50 and install the Petronix on it, that way you could either use your Mallory somewhere else or sell it to off set the cost.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got the same dist. and yes Pertronix makes a unit for this Mallory.I've had one in mine for 7mths.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts