Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...I lost it around the age of 7. It was stolen fron my front yard and regretted it ever since. It took my 2 years to find one. I can't wait for the kids to start running around the neighborhood and see their faces when I pull it out of the box for them.

Here's a pic:

http://i17.ebayimg.com/02/i/07/cf/c8/5f_1.JPG

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
No way, I have that figured out. Tie a rope with a hook on the end to the front and as a car passes by honking and giving him the finger. Toss the hook and catch the rear bumper and they will help for up the hills.

As for the down side. Just put his head between his legs and away he goesssssssssssssssssss. Then he can pass that car ahead of him and return the same thumbs up (wrong finger). Hee Hee

Troy ;)

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Nope. I'm the guy that talks others into doing things like getting into a large innertube and pushing them off the top of the hill and laughing my azz off watching them hit the bottom. Then get out and stagger around and :puke:

Troy :rofl:

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I finally get a email from the seller today after she went to the shipping center. She writes that the shipping was way more than the shipping quote from ebay. ~40.00

What to do? Part is very sceptical and say screw it. They should have figured it out before hand. Other hand, maybe she was telling the truth and work with her.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Don't know how experienced an eBayer she is, so she could be telling the truth. I had kind of a similar situation shipping some, ahem, Corvette door panels. The end quote was totally ridiculous after I'd won the auction. I could've flown there and back to pick up for cheaper practically. Anyway, the seller worked with me and all turned out fine. I have a hard time imagining that shipping that cart would cost $40 even in the same state, much less cross-country. Tell her to try Greyhound for shipping--I've found them to be the cheapest.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No sorry to mislead you. I was quoted as 60 for shipping. She wrote me back saying it was 104.00 for shipping not the amount ebay quoted. She thought that she could take the wheels off but could not. Originally, I was the only bidder for the minimum bid of 49.95. I gave her a mo for 109.95

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
If you aready sent payment . Tell her to ship it on USPS and priority mail with insurance and they will put a shipping sticker of total price on the package. You will pay the differance in shipping once you receive it.

It is not her control regarding shipping cost. Ebay has never hit it right on shipping. People put to much faith in the shipping system and should be prepaired to work it out on their own.

If you really want this toy. Work it out!

Just my .02 cents.
Troy :crazy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts