Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my T-lock this past weekend and I can't say enough about it! Simple, unobtrusive and another layer of security for my peace of mind. If you haven't picked one up yet, you really should as there's no reason for you not to. Okay, I'm starting to sound like an info-mercial...

Just wanted to put my kudos out to Hal (whisperer) publicly and add my name to the rest of the satisfied customers. Thanks again Hal, the fit and finish looked great to me... you must have that perfectionist complex or something. LOL

·
Registered
710 Posts
I agree 110%--I got the T-lock 3 wweks ago--I can't say any more than what you've said--One of the best things I've added to my Mach 1

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Question: when the T-Lock is locked is it irremovable? that is, could you remove the T-Lock unit with the allen wrench and then use a vise grip to shift the tranny? I'm considering one but this question occured to me earlier and I forgot to ask....

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yes - a bad guy could do as you described. It's not a bulletproof system but it is a GREAT additional layer of security that will slow down the bad guy. Of course, you can fill the allen wrench hole with super glue and make it impossible for the bad guys (or you) to remove...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Raymond had it correct. The instructions make mention of adding epoxy to the screw hole for added protection. As most security measures, it's not going to stop a determined thief (since the pros just pull up with a tow truck nowadays). But... some joy rider will have a hard time figuring out how to get it to release.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I haven't gotten mine yet (Hal should be shipping it today), but in order to remove ANY t-handle, you must push the button in. Therefore, it stands to reason, that you need NO superglue on the allen hole. Yeah, if you took the allen screw out and futzed with it long enough, you may get it off, but it's not going to be quick and easy ... the criteria for most car thiefs.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Exactly, any way you can slow down and aggravate a thief (without a tow truck) the better. The T Lock is one of the smartest things I've put on my car since I bought it. It truly is a great product and the fact that you can help out the VMF and it's members makes it all that much better.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'll add my kudos to the chorus. It's a simple design that gets the job done
with a minimum of fuss. Plus, it's the only "bolt-on" part I've ever installed
that took less than 30 seconds.

G

·
0 Posts
Will add my 2 cents worth here too. Just got mine yesterday and installed it in about 30 seconds. Love it...My check hasn't even cleared the bank yet and the T Lock is already installed. Thanks Whisperer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts