Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over this 3 day weekend, my youngest daughter and I are headed to the People's Republic of Kalifornia to visit my Mother and hangout with my best friend, Chris. Just replaced my old carb setup with a pair of Quick Fuel 450cfm Slayer carbs, so we shall see how they work out on the highway. Stopped in Tucson for gas and a bite to eat at In-n-Out, and then back on the road. Stay posted!
20191108_190928.jpg

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Over this 3 day weekend, my youngest daughter and I are headed to the People's Republic of Kalifornia to visit my Mother and hangout with my best friend, Chris. Just replaced my old carb setup with a pair of Quick Fuel 450cfm Slayer carbs, so we shall see how they work out on the highway. Stopped in Tucson for gas and a bite to eat at In-n-Out, and then back on the road. Stay posted!
View attachment 736621
A pair???

We need pics brother!!!
Or it didn’t happen!! As they say! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Where you headed in Cali?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey, good luck on the road and safe travels. I'm jealous, soon, very soon.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Way to get the Stang out there again.
We just got back from another short trip too, posting it soon.

·
Registered
20,062 Posts
That's pretty good fuel mileage. I'm envious of you going on a road trip like that. It's been a long time since I've been in San Bernardino. I stayed at a place called Grizwalds for a week on a business trip. I think Simpson paper.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Didn't you used to get 19-21 MPG at the same speeds?? :p

Glad to see your car getting in a good workout, looks like the weather's really nice over there right about now! Very jealous!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I had twin 660 center squirters on a tunnel ram on a wild 289 back around 1990.
That car was a beast!!
Beautiful car and engine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Didn't you used to get 19-21 MPG at the same speeds?? :p
I get that kind of MPG when I can do a steady 65 - 70 mph over a long ways. I haven't completely dialed these carbs in yet, but I am enjoying the ride. 😁😆

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some pics of me, my daughter, and my Mom at Knott's Berry Farm. As a veteran (retired US Army), my Mom and I got in for free, and my daughter for a discounted price. We toured the park all day, my daughter and I did some fun rides, and my Mom was happy just hanging out with us all day and people watching.
20191110_204156.jpg
20191110_162409.jpg
20191110_153116.jpg

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
18.2 mpg from 29 Palms to Quartzsite, AZ with a mix of 70 and 80 mph. Then 17.4 mpg from Quartzsite to Casa Grande while doing mostly 80 mph. Lots of views until the sun set, then a great full moon over the mountains. Really enjoying the drive.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Looks like an awesome short trip!! I'm very jealous :)

You ever notice that your MPG changes depending on the direction you're going? Somehow I always get about 3 MPG better when I'm leaving Texas than when I'm going back home... never quite sure if it's wind patterns, or if Jane just really wants to get out of Dodge as bad as me!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts