Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
19,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still playing with stripe ideas for Trouble and thought about putting an emblem of some sort in place of the GT lettering in the Shelby rocker stripes. Now the question is, what would look the most unique and still blend with the car without being a distraction?

I'm not necessarily restricting myself to a Mustang emblem either--maybe a vintage Cougar or Thunderbird emblem might work. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
I found a guy that will make custom fender badges. He already has many of the stroker badges, but can make a custom one for about 250.00. A little steep for the first person, but if you really want to stand out in the crowd...

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Why don't you just put T R O U B L E in the stripe?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Bowtie :eek:, just kidding. I like the simple stuff, how about GT 390 TR w/the '68 Cobra Snake Fender emblem(pg152 NPD 2003 catalog)? Just my $0.02.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Kent, does he advertise or have a website or anything.

·
Administrator
19,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's actually my favorite choice right now. Just looking at all the options before I do something permanent to the car.

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,575 Posts
IIRC the 67 Cougar GT with a 390 has an emblem that reads 6.5 Liter mounted on each front fender. Would that work for you? I do like the idea of "Trouble" in the stripe, perhaps italic so that it slants in the forward direction.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
How about something different - you don't want the car to look TOO much like a Shelby, right???

Try this page! ::

I especially like this one...
http://www.graphic-express.com/_borders/fl113-2.jpg
Note that the rear part of the "flag" IS long enough to run all the way down the side panel...
http://www.graphic-express.com/_borders/fl113-1.jpg

OR, just use the checkered stripe, and do something custom in the opening... :) Just some new ideas! :)

·
Administrator
19,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's the pony I have on my trailer. :: I have their catalog, which has a lot of great designs. Graphic Express said they would do a custom lettered decal for me, but I'm thinking more now of getting it painted on by a local airbrush artist.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
You can design something of your own and take it to a local sign shop and have them cut it in vinyl probably for around $50 for the rocker stripes on both sides. It's nice because you can remove them later if you choose, you can't with paint.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Laurie,
You could combine a few of the designs that were recommended to you.
You could have the front start like the GT stripes with the word trouble in between the stripes and as it gets further back the stripes would start to break up then become a wavy checkered flag pattern which then blends into the color of the blue paint and finally fades to nothing.
Most good vinyl shops can make this with the gerber system and match the color of your car.
Some of the old with some of the new, just like your car.

It's a great car and a great graphic on the side will only add to it's beauty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts