Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read all the posts regarding removal of this system and I have a quick question.

I do not have the time or patience now to attempt to remove the manifold tubes and plug them. It sounds like an involved process. The pump has been disconnected for some time according to the previous owner. Right above the valve on one side of my engine is rusted and the tube where it hooks into the hose is broken off. Can I remove the system anyway and plug or seal above the valves temporarily until I get the time to remove it correctly. It seems to me that will not really change anything because that is the way the car has been running anyway.

Thanks

·
Vendor
5,205 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Shaun got lucky. His setup was not as nasty as some of them can be. My coupe was a major PITA to get them out...in fact I ended up sawing them into sections for easier removal...but I digress.

Yes, they can simply be capped at the top with a brass cap purchased at any hardware store. You must use a metal cap, because they get very, very hot. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Ford and a number of vendors sell the correct plug to plug the ports. Removing the rest should not take more than a couple hours. The plugs are not dirt cheap, but they do the job properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts