Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for pics of 67-68 coupes with Mach1 hood scoops. If you have one is it opened up?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
WOW Flashback....

I had a 67 coupe in Springtime yellow with a 68 CJ scoop on it when I was in high school (1979-1980) Sorry no pics.

If you can find the book "Mustang 40 Years" by Lou Dzierzak and David Newhardt there one on the cover in Medow Lark Yellow. It's a fast back but a very low head on shot.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
It's a vert, but you get the idea...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did you cut a hole underneath? or just bolted it on?

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I would not cut the hole. All it will do is let water in. There really is no benefit to any of the ram air systems offered on any of the muscle cars. In all of the testing of the day they did not increase HP by any measurable amount. They are there just for looks.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
The 69 Mach hood scoop will not bolt directly onto a 67-68. The 67-68 has a ridge running down the middle of the hood that the 69 did not have. You have to cut a groove in the rear of a 69 scoop to get it to lay flat.

The 68.5 scoop allows for the ridge. There are two reproductions - a $125 one sold by Branda and a $350 one sold by thefordshow on ebay.

The Branda one is very crude. The other is a nice piece.

Also the 68.5 scoop does NOT have the lights in the back and no holes for the lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts