Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any advice on converting my fastback to a Shelby Clone. This is a deluxe interior, C-code, 4-speed, fastback, perfect candidate, what I have been looking for, for along time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
1) take a second mortgage on your house if you havent already!

2) dont buy any "discount" or "cheap" fiberglass.... you will spend more money in the long run

·
Registered
378 Posts
I agree with the above post... take a 2nd mortgage. Also think to yourself. How good are you at body work/fiberglass work? Even the BEST shelby glass fits like @$#@ and you will be spending weeks/months if not longer getting them to look semi decent. If you plan to have a shop doing it look at spending a TON of money on it. Plus a lot of the parts for a conversion arent reproed. If you dont plan to do the glass work yourself look at spending a total cost of upto $10-20K if not more depending on who does your work... and what you pay for parts. Also there is a 9month to a yr waiting list on shelby fiberglass. Good luck with your conversion!

Mathew

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
And DON'T stop on the exterior, that's the worst thing to do on a Shelby conversion. I've seen some beautiful Shelby clones with primo exterior work but their interiors are totally stock Mustang - It ruins even the best $5,000 paint.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the great advice everyone and the eye opening remarks, I sure appreciate it and I believe I will rethink things!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts