Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to order some parts from ShelbyParts.com but I don't know anything about them. Has anyone ever used them & are they reliable?

I know that they post on this forum, but I sent Jim an email asking about restoring a part & got no reply yet (it has only been a day), but now I'm wondering how they would behave after they get my order & cc number. Anyone have any problems with them? Thanks

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
He has been around for a long time and I have never heard any negatives. His reputation is excellent.

I have purchased parts from him off of eBay in the past.

·
Premium Member
13,179 Posts
I've ordered several expensive parts over the years and also have had them restore some rare items. Always satisfied with the results.

Z.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Jim's a straight shooter. His business is on the smaller side, so cut him some slack if he doesn't respond instantly, he will get back to you. I've bought parts and pieces from him here and there, as wll as sought knowledge from him along the way, and never been let down.

Carl

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Guys, I love this kind of firsthand feedback. I wasn't too worried about my email just yet, I barely get to 1/2 of mine each day.

It's getting harder to run down quality OEM parts at a good price. These repos look great but are expensive so I wanted to know what to expect.

Thanks!

·
Registered
641 Posts
I've both purchased from Jim Cowles and have sold him parts with complete success.

I don't think you have anything to worry about there.

...John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts