Registered
8,359 Posts
Just replaced the fuggly chrome rims on mine with some 15x8's and the
original style caps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
no pics, but I finally got around to fitting the dent side rad support on the truck, and i'm building the engine now. finally getting off my lazy butt and doing some productive work.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
As much as love 65/66 F100s, I think my next truck will be a 63 C10.

C10s have so much more aftermarket support than F100s. Body parts, bed sides, bed floors, chevy still sells a Goodwrench 350, its much easier and cost less to build a C10 nowdays.

I would go with a 63, last year of the curved windshield and the front suspension is pretty much the same 63-87. Makes ps pb at much simpler to convert.

Plus, my grand dad had one.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
As much as love 65/66 F100s, I think my next truck will be a 63 C10.

C10s have so much more aftermarket support than F100s. Body parts, bed sides, bed floors, chevy still sells a Goodwrench 350, its much easier and cost less to build a C10 nowdays.

I would go with a 63, last year of the curved windshield and the front suspension is pretty much the same 63-87. Makes ps pb at much simpler to convert.

Plus, my grand dad had one.

I really like the 61-66 c10 trucks, but they are just way to small in the cab, at least for me. my 65 f100 seemed to have more cab space, and that was a tight cab.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
installed new cab bushings yesterday, used the DC kit. made in the USA, comes with hardware. easy job, but... they include four 4" long bolts. they work fine on the front mounts, but are too short for the rears. I wound up using 5" bolts ( originals were 4 1/2" rear) and they work fine. so if your original bolts are not useable be prepared to go out for bolts.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
assembled the engine. it's a 2000 explorer 5.0. I put new rings and bearings in the short block, e7 heads, and a stock 95 mustang gt cam. it'll have an explorer upper / lower.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Mines getting closer everyday to getting squirted. Just finishing up all the body lines and gaps....

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m late to the party as a new guy here, but I’ve got a ‘58 F100 (‘60 grill that’ll have to go). I’ve had it for about 8 years, but my neighbor’s dad was the original owner. He and his dad swapped the original 6 for a Merc’ 312 Y block in the early ‘60’s and I helped paint it about 30 years ago as a kid. My brother bought it from him about a year later and drove it for about a year until his wife made him sell it. He passed away about 6 months later. Well, about 18 years later the old fridge showed up for sale in the local classifieds for $500. Little worse for the wear, but still the same truck. It’s on hold for restoration, but runs/drives and is solid! I’d like to swap in a 390 or 428 at some point, but that’s to be decided.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,133 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
You bet we love'm and so do all of my neighbors

Probably a $1,000.00 truck, 48 with 49 flat head. My WIFE, informed me it was a $25,000.00 licensed YOM plates, yard ornament We decorate it for the different seasons and Patriotic Holidays. Sometimes we plant corn and let it and sunflowers grow up through the floorless bed

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just learned earlier this week that for '61-'63 the F100 cab and bed were a single piece. The bed is not separate.

181 - 200 of 214 Posts