Vintage Mustang Forums banner

201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
Probably a $1,000.00 truck, 48 with 49 flat head. My WIFE, informed me it was a $25,000.00 licensed YOM plates, yard ornament We decorate it for the different seasons and Patriotic Holidays. Sometimes we plant corn and let it and sunflowers grow up through the floorless bed
Nixa MO! I know where that is, I grew up not far from there in Seymour.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I just learned earlier this week that for '61-'63 the F100 cab and bed were a single piece. The bed is not separate.
F100:

61-63 could be a unibody, flareside or a styleside aka "wrong" bed.

64-66 flareside or styleside bed.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Been a fan of the old F100's ever since the Midnight Pumpkin RC was released with how I think a truck should be set up. Toying with the idea of doing one if I can find a cheap salvageable 51 - 53.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #204 (Edited)
My buddy who owns a junkyard has had a '38 Ford truck in the weeds for years (mixed in with 15 acres of others). I always debated if I should drag it home and joked with him about it several times. He said if I ever wanted it, to grab it and get after it. Over a winter I finally decided to pull the trigger and drug the trailer with me on the next trip. I arrived to find his wife had him drag it up front, fill the bed and engine bay with dirt, and she'd planted a gazillion flowers in it!! He said I could still have it.... but I think it was followed by "I dare you!"

It's still there....... lol

Just found this even though it's a few years old. The truck is at the beginning- and keep in mind, I've pretty much picked over most if not all of the cars in it! Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
I just finished watching it myself- he never did post part 2 as far as I could fine. That sucks, as the part he missed is what we refer to as 'Ford Country' and 'Truck Country'! There's an entire section with nothing but rows of Mustangs as well as old trucks. Fordguy- your hood came from here and Mac- so did your steering wheel! lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry , to hear that, Redneckgearhead , my grandmother told that I would grow older, but I really never needed to grow up. Best advise that I can remember . I am 75 and still playing with cars.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I'm a Fan.
Have a '65 LB that we tow a 1962 Shasta with.
Also have this:

A '66 SB that partially burned in the 2017 Tubbs fire. I titled this pic "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother". My be a CV swap project in the future.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Latest boondoggle was an exploding engine fan last month. Happened right around a blistering 2200 rpm or so.
Killed the radiator and fan shroud. And scared the crap out of me.....
Gave me a good excuse to get rid of the repo radiator. Found an original factory radiator on my first phone call,
at a truck place in Riverside. (that never happens with Mustang parts- or anything else it seems)

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Thanks. Here's an earlier project when I designed and installed the front sway bar..... after finding the market for 48-52 had nothing I could simply buy and install.
Happy to report she no longer heels like the Queen Mary when you make a turn.....

201 - 214 of 214 Posts