Vintage Mustang Forums banner

221 - 234 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
8,693 Posts
Yeah, That looks good.
I just got the back gap on my F1's hood fixed. Turned out to be much easier than I thought. Shoulda
accomplished it a couple of years ago....

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Just an update. Called my painter, he said he's hoping to have the truck done over the next month or two..... Sigh...…..
Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I'm trading my '39 Ford sedan streetrod straight up for the complete paint and bodywork job on the truck. The guy owns a shop, but is basically doing this on the side as he's technically not getting paid to do it. I understand, but also thought it'd be done a long time ago. Now that summer 'feels' like it's getting closer, I'd sure like to have it back to hang all the goodies on it!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Just an update. Called my painter, he said he's hoping to have the truck done over the next month or two..... Sigh...…..
Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I'm trading my '39 Ford sedan streetrod straight up for the complete paint and bodywork job on the truck. The guy owns a shop, but is basically doing this on the side as he's technically not getting paid to do it. I understand, but also thought it'd be done a long time ago. Now that summer 'feels' like it's getting closer, I'd sure like to have it back to hang all the goodies on it!
I know a few people who worked out trades with shops, always took forever- well I have paying customers that come first. hope you get it back soon

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Makes 2 of us! I've actually got a '66 F100 going the same build direction that I'll be trading out when my '67 is done. This one's a stock looking '66, but with the CV/Explorer suspension, AOD 302 combo and a pile of Edelbrock stuff on top! I'm building this one for a friend, so my guy should be able to finish it much sooner than mine. Never fails- I'll probably get my '67 back at the exact same time my other painter sends the '64 Impala back to me. My '66 coupe isn't done yet either, so it might become a juggling act. My wife says I should sell the Mustang as a project car and focus on the truck...…If she only knew how many more 'projects' were down in the barn!
:unsure:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Howdy.! I just realized of this old thread, but I still see is alive.!
It was late Oct. when I found this truck in WA. Talked to my VMF friend Brad there and he went to see and ride it. All was good so I made a deal with the seller and get the truck. Since I am not in the country, my other good friend Alan went there and pick it up, and drove it all the way to Central TX, ~2700mi.!
The truck is a 1973 F100 Ranger XLT 390FE auto with original paint and A/C (removed).

4503E5D5-F0C9-4290-91BE-81DCAA3DAF19.jpeg 6511B9E8-0713-427C-90BC-D20DE4FBA177.jpeg
B8B19C75-3C3A-43EE-913A-489A33C69418.jpeg

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
It was late Oct. when I found this truck in WA. Talked to my VMF friend Brad there and he went to see and ride it. All was good so I made a deal with the seller and get the truck. Since I am not in the country, my other good friend Alan went there and pick it up, and drove it all the way to Central TX, ~2700mi.!
The truck is a 1973 F100 Ranger XLT 390FE auto with original paint and A/C (removed).
Josep- what's the plate on the back of the truck? Was it on when you got it, or is that an Ibiza plate?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

View attachment 747535 View attachment 747536
View attachment 747537
that looks like it's in great shape, nice truck.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Josep- what's the plate on the back of the truck? Was it on when you got it, or is that an Ibiza plate?
Hi J,

if you mean the green plate on the back of the truck, that is the temporary Spanish plates. They give me those plates until I have all the documents done and then, the issue me the final Spanish plates. The truck came with the original WA plate, and had it while it was there. Once in Spain, I am in the paperwork to get the Spanish licenses, tu with all that crap around I am afraid it will take some time..
By the way, that special photo was taken 1 week ago now, when I was in Mallorca Island to have the truck inspected.

Josep

·
Registered
957 Posts
221 - 234 of 234 Posts