Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I had the instrument cluster bezel and all the dash plastic trim hydro-printed in charcoal carbon fiber. I think it will give it a little more modern look.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I only did my tail light panel, used Plasti dip spray can, been on the car for about four years now, gotta be careful with the gas though, it eats the stuff but easy to touch up.
I might redo it in real paint - - someday, maybe.
Any more pics of your rear? I have a red 66 and want to do the exact same thing but don't know if it'll look too cluttered or not, but yours looks great.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Any more pics of your rear? I have a red 66 and want to do the exact same thing but don't know if it'll look too cluttered or not, but yours looks great.
Here are a few;
This top one is at the 2014 MCA show in Savannah

I think these were at the Lincoln Nb show same year

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
When I see a entire car done in satin black including bumpers and trim, all that goes through my mind is under that paint is a ramshackle piece of junk and the owner wants to be cheap and hide it rather than do it right. Having said that, I also think using satin or flat in select places to complement an otherwise shiny car can be sexy.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I did a diy satin paint myself in my garage to see how I liked it. I kept the chrome shiny. I have thought about going all black and then doing black gloss racing stripes. I think that contrast would work well.
I did exactly that ... satin black with gloss black supersnake stripe (and an extra pinstripe to cap it off). Carried the same scheme over the bumpers and f/r windshield trim. Used gloss black on most of the trim on the rear end.

C297318A-A5D4-4117-9FBC-B7D2E1A9EE22.jpeg

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I had a matte & chrome Electra Glide. Beautiful bike on the showroom floor. Anything that touched the paint left a shiny spot. Bird dropping, bug strike, shoe scuff, you name it, it left a shiny spot. I would have been far better off doing a rattlecan paint job so I could touchup and recoat as necessary. That EG is still one of my favorite top three bikes I have owned. Looked like a million bucks, ran great, comfortable.

The matte on a mustang is growing on me. To bad someone doesnt offer a kit. Its way to much work for me to disassemble, prep, powercoat and reassemble.. I get my butt chewed for using the dishwasher for things that are not dishes, Im pretty sure the oven is off limits for non-food items.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,624 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
^^ Don't leave us hangin, you have to share a few more shots. Looks great.
Thanks. The other pics I have are “work in progress” because it wasn’t fully assembled after paint. I’m getting it back on Monday, then getting it tinted, so I’ll share more soon.

·
Registered
820 Posts
^^ Don't leave us hangin, you have to share a few more shots. Looks great.
Two more pics for now. I need to get it out when it isn’t blinding sunlight.
12FFCA1E-05AD-449D-8745-CD51CA908ED3.jpeg

F63F5D96-7CED-4D83-8FC3-BAE2DD3B1929.jpeg

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think satin black is an amazing color, but to me it lacks personality. With that being said Im now adding satin grey to my list of color options

41 - 59 of 59 Posts