Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Any good chromers in LA?

589 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  beechkid 
G
#1 ·
Anybody have any recomendations on chrome platers in the Los Angeles area? I'm from the South Bay area.

67 coupe 289 auto, power disc, ms.

It doesn't matter if you win or lose. It only matters if "I" win.

#2 ·
What do you need to have done, Dan? Bumpers, wheels, trim or...? Some of the guys in our region are looking to get together and check out a connection in Mexico or nearby...

'67 A-Code Coupe
'68 C-Code Coupe (SWMBO's)
'86 SVO 1D
'86 SVO 2A
[email]JTsClassics@aol.com [/Email]

G
#3 ·
Want to chrome the hood hinges, booster, master cylinder. Can't think of anything else. Everything else I want chromed is available over the counter.

When are you planning to check it out?

67 coupe 289 auto, power disc, ms.

It doesn't matter if you win or lose. It only matters if "I" win.

#4 ·
I'm waiting on word from "pumps" and how thing went for him with Pacific Plating. I don't think anything will happen in the next two or three weeks. For what you want to do, put as much as you can into surface preparation. The more you do, the less it can cost. You might try Orange County for platers who can take care of you. It sounds expensive. Keep me posted.

'67 A-Code Coupe
'68 C-Code Coupe (SWMBO's)
'86 SVO 1D
'86 SVO 2A
[email]JTsClassics@aol.com [/Email]

#5 ·
Sorry, I thought I sent an e-mail re:pacific Plating. The vent window frames came back looking very good. I also have a front bumper that they did an it looks great. The vent frames were $65 each and that seems to be reasonable. They did not complain about the pitting. Just said it looked average and they would take care of it in the normal plating process. I plan to send them a bunch of stuff in a couple weeks; like the door handles etc. The repro stuff does not do well near the coast. My daughter's left side view mirror looks better after 35 years that the repro on my '65 did after only 2 years. I think the triple replate should be similar to the original. Will be off line until the 30th. Lets keep in touch on this.

65 Conv., 65 & 66 Coupes and the remains of
a 66' Coupe with 6 cyl. engine and V-8 3 spd.

#6 ·
I forgot to mention that Pacific Plating is in San Diego near Old Town State Park (I-5 & I-8) and that their plant is in Mexico. At least one of the local Mustang shops uses them.

65 Conv., 65 & 66 Coupes and the remains of
a 66' Coupe with 6 cyl. engine and V-8 3 spd.

#7 ·
MJB CHrome in Rialto Ca does excellent work, I have used them for many years and have never been disappointed

Jeff
Member: Flatheads ain't so bad association
Never trust an over 40 Chevy owner association (They have to cheat to win)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.