Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen anyone else making these, and thought there might be a need for the inner quarter panels that go along the sides of the back seat.

Question: Is the inner ¼ panels for 71, 72 and 73 Sportsroofs the same for all 3 years? If not what is the differences?

Any interest, ;)

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Hey Whizco, There may be a good market for 71-3 vert quarter panels as they take a beating in the sun and also get damaged when the top leaks. I could send you a pair that you could pattern from if you are interested...

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
How about the rear most panels for a '69 sportsroof. The ones next to the trap door. Those things, IF you can find some that are not damaged are worth almost as much as the rest of the car put together it seems.

By the time I have the last remaining peices that I have to collect to install my the back half of my interior, I'll have paid $2500 for a rust free '69 sportsroof, and $1200 for the back seat to put in it. It just makes no sense! ::

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Apparently I've been working hard trying to earn enough money to buy some :) how much??

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
There is some definate interest the 1/4 panels

another area of interest in the 71-73 world would be the rear panels that surround the trap door, these are usually mangled due to people cutting speaker holes in them! It took me about a year to find a good pair that had not been molested.

~Wayde

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I also have an interest in the interior quarter panels (and maybe some seat backs) for a 73 convertible. Tell us more!

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much??
Actually that's a very good question? I have been working hard at getting a couple of other projects out of the way (69/0 Convertible Kick Panels, 65/6 Custom Door Panels, 71/3 Under Column Shield, 71/3 Kick Panels with Speaker Pods, etc), that when my guy told me he had the 71/3 Inner ¼ Trim Panels done for the Convertibles, that it didn't even dawn on me to figure out the cost!

I'll check it out on Monday and see what my final tally is on the cost, and let you know. If I'm not mistaken, when I worked the price at the beginning, I estimated it was going to be somewhere around $245.00 for the pair. I'll check Monday.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've thought about those parts for the later years, especially since I just finished making the 5 fold down parts for the 67/68 Fastbacks, just haven't got around to it yet. :p

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Whiz, as far as I know they are the same for the fastbacks. I have a set of '73 panels in the rafters. I'll have to take a look..... I think the coupes and cvt's are different by years, sometime in 72 they went to a retractor in back that passed throught the trim panel.

Even though I have no use for them at the moment, I'd throw a vote in for the fold down side panels. They are always chopped up, or warped to all get-out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Whizco

I would definitly be interested in the (2) by the seat and the (2) at the trapdoor for a foldown. I have noticed that the 71's, like the original ones that came out of mine, do not have a slot for the seatbelt to pass through. Can anyone else verify this? I have bought 2 sets and they came out of 72's or 73's and they have the slots. I do not know if this is visible when the interior is installed or not. If you decide to make them I need ginger.

Thanks

Louis

1 - 12 of 12 Posts