Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've got a chance to buy a 65 Shelby fiberglass hood made my Maier for $200. The hood lists for about $350 on their website and its never been on a car. The guy needs money quick. Anyway, what do you guys think of their fiberglass products? Any good or bad experiences are welcomed.

Thanks
-Jon

·
Supporting Vendor
3,961 Posts
The fit and finish of a fiberglass hood is sometimes a little off. We have
one on our '65 coup and it looks OK for a track car. It would take some
work to make it look "show car". $200.00 is a great price. I would go for it,
or give the # out ant I bet a VMFer would grab it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a spoiler trunklid on a 65 coupe and the lid is bowed up in the middle and the endcaps need a lot of reshaping to make it fit. I paid $160 on Ebay so it is a little easier to accept but if I paid the $389 it retails for I would have been a little mad. I really think this is the reason the PO sold it on Ebay. So be forwarned. After all this I would buy the hood for $200 though.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I've got a hood and an entire front end (fenders and shelby r apron) that's from maier. And they are in great shape. Granted the original owner bought them back in, I think, '76. The hood had a little delamination in one corner, but for 25 years old they look good.

Rob
Member: Slightly Modified
66 fastback 351W

1 - 4 of 4 Posts