Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to go with the Rod and Custom's rear coil over suspension and now I'm wondering how you guys route the exhaust. I really like the magna flow exhaust kit but I suspect I will need to modify the tubes over the axle?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Here is my 67 with the TCI rear coil over suspension.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Looks slick Jerry, how do you like the performance of that setup? Any pictures of the car?

Mike
Thanks Mike. It looks better from the bottom! I bought the complete TCI (Total Cost Involved) front and rear set up with Wilwood 20 piston brakes, power steering, Ididit column, etc. The handling is incredible! Especially considering the engine is a iron block 4.6 with factory super charger and six speed T56. Its a sleeper!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I have a TCP Gbar and after talking with my exhaust guy routed the pipes under the axle. I wanted the ability to remove the rear if I needed to so I had him weld flanges at the end of the muffler that the tailpipes bolt to. It goes to full droop and does not touch the pipes and you can't tell unless you crawl under to look.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I have a TCP Gbar and after talking with my exhaust guy routed the pipes under the axle. I wanted the ability to remove the rear if I needed to so I had him weld flanges at the end of the muffler that the tailpipes bolt to. It goes to full droop and does not touch the pipes and you can't tell unless you crawl under to look.

Darrell,

Your car is well built and not hard to look at either! Really liking the EFI!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice cars! Thanks for the pictures. Jerry, I have the TCI front end kit as well. Do you have any photos of how your steering column connects to the rack? I haven't opened the boxes yet. Does the kit end at the rack and pinion or does it provide an offset heim/joint to connect to the steering column? My car is a 67 shelby clone.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Nice cars! Thanks for the pictures. Jerry, I have the TCI front end kit as well. Do you have any photos of how your steering column connects to the rack? I haven't opened the boxes yet. Does the kit end at the rack and pinion or does it provide an offset heim/joint to connect to the steering column? My car is a 67 shelby clone.

Thanks
TCI's website has an excellent write up, so be sure to have a look there. This is the only pic I could find for now, I'll keep looking. I thought the instructions in the kit from TCI were excellent so be sure to read and study before installing.

BTW, I am extremely impressed with the craftsmanship of TCI's kit and would buy another!

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: Exhaust

I made my exhaust from 3" stainless. I only used 90's and 45's but some were short radius. It's tight but it fits.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I made my exhaust from 3" stainless. I only used 90's and 45's but some were short radius. It's tight but it fits.

Yikes! Looks sturdy! Keep us posted on this build. That engine is pure eye candy!

·
Registered
121 Posts
The quality of cars on this site continues to amaze me, interested to follow along with the progress of your project sfi427.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I used the TCP Air Link rear suspension. I decided to dump the exhaust just before the rear axle housing.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Darrell,

Your car is well built and not hard to look at either! Really liking the EFI!
Thanks Jerry. Coming from a guy that produces the quality of projects you do it means a lot. Efi is great, especially when you throw in boost.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

INSANE! That looks incredible. I noticed you enlarged the wheel wells.. Will you have to modify the interior panels?

·
Registered
49 Posts
INSANE! That looks incredible. I noticed you enlarged the wheel wells.. Will you have to modify the interior panels?
The interior panels are repo Shelby panels and they fit without mods.
I had to modify the rear seat due to the rear frame rails protrude into the interior. It is tight but worth the 14" wheel wells.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love looking underneath these cars almost more than the topside. This is where you see how extreme people are with their cars. These all look great! You have stepped up the game from when I joined this forum. It's great to see how people personalize (TASTEFULLY) the cars. I appreciate the originals as well....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Exhaust System

How many on here have the same exhaust system? I use the gibson

-------------------------------
exhaust systems

Are you refering to an exhaust kit by Gibson or the tubing manufacture Rathgibson?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Gentleman, I thought swapping in an 8.8" rear in my car was cool. Yall have some amazing cars! If anything, this is great motivation to finish college and get a good job!! :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts