Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there ANY vendors/suppliers of a decent wheel well/wheel opening molding?

I need at very minimum a decent Driver Side Front molding, but could probably use all 4 corners. It doesn't have to be picture perfect, but I'd like it to be decently usable.

(I was dumb enough to get a set of 'nos' from the auction site. Godamighty what a bunch of junk. They might or might not have been true nos at one point, but they were junk by the time they were sold to me and the seller disappeared on me before we were ever able to 'work out the situation'....)

anyway..., does anyone sell even a decent piece?

Thanks in advance for response.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Can't help but just in case someone has a spare or two the year might help!

·
Administrator
19,528 Posts
I have a set of repro moldings on my fastback and they look great. They fit well and I had no problems installing them.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
The ones that have the part # that begin with C7ZZ fit great ;)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any detail on who you might have bought the great fitting repros from, or who/what the brand name might have been?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
19,528 Posts
I bought mine from NPD.

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
I have a full mint set of 4 of these still in the wrappers.. They are manufactured by CONVEX... They are for '67-'68 I cherry picked these from a dealer years ago, so these should be near perfect..maybe even better than what they sell now.. If interested, e-mail me at [email protected] ...... They were for my cousin's '67 convertible project that got sold years ago...and they never got put on.. Thanks, Tony.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the responses.

Doc of Doc's Mustang hooked me up with quick shipment, good communication/follow up, etc. and he offered a full money back guarantee if I wasn't satisfied. They too are CORVEX. The quality is OK, and probably as good as anything out there in reproduction. They measure out about 1/8"- narrower on the wide flange, and the finish is closer to a 'satin' than the (bent) NOS pieces that I had. The actual surface that you see from the side appeared to be slightly higher polish than the surface that screwed into the fender flange. The NOS pieces were higher polish even going under the fender.

As is, it isn't a 'perfect match' for original/ford and would be easily recognized by a 'points judge', but stepping back, it will certainly be acceptable for my purposes at this point.

Thanks Doc for your help.

D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts