Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many others, paid for an item over a month a half ago, no replies (e-mail, VMF, telephone). I've lost any patience I've had. I was thinking about filing a fraud case with PayPal to get my money back, but you only have 30 days. This has passed (I was unaware of the time restriction while I waited patiently for my part)

So now what recourse do I have to get my refund? I would hoinestly prefer to have the part instead of my money back, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I am open to your opinions and suggestions.

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
I contacted Doug about 6 months ago to see if he wanted to be a vendor at Fun Ford Sunday that I'm involved with. If he shows up I will talk with him about what's been going on here.
Stan

·
Registered
805 Posts
Well Doc, I have a feeling we are just out of luck - I too was not aware of the PayPal restriction - No good deed goes unpunished! I am a bit surprised that out of all the VMF'rs in California, that no one is in his area just to find out his intentions - But I doubt I'd like to get involved in this if I didn't have a stake in the outcome - Thanks Stan ~ Much appreciated ~ jc

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Let me stand up for Whizco, he has a lot on his plate right now, and, I can't say this for a fact, I'm sure he is trying to make good on everything.

·
Registered
71 Posts
trying to get ahold of this person myself. in my case to return a part i'm dis-satisfied with for refund. more or less gave up a month ago after string of unanswered emails. will monitor this thread for any new developements. hope he's not dead

K

·
0 Posts
The few times I have talked with Doug in person he always seemed like a very stand up and decent guy. I live about 2.5 hours from Fresno but even if I went there I wouldn't know where to look for Doug.
At this point I think we should all be more concerned about his welfare. Something has to be wrong. :(

·
Registered
8,100 Posts
I've tried calling today and only get his answering machine. Wierd thing is that some strange guy called me back about the message I left. It seems the message was somehow put on somebody elses phone #! How the heck does that happen?? I told him the # I called and left the message with and it was not the phone # of the guy that called me back! I called Doug's # again and it was the same recording I got the first time.
Now I'm really confused ::

·
Registered
17 Posts
i've been following the whizco posts for some time now and can understand the frustation of waiting for parts and not knowing the status of an order. I don't really know the guy personally. I've only been in the Mustang Ranch of Fresno twice in the past 3 years. Waiting for several months and having no way of determining the status of an order seems a little ridiculous, regardless of how much the guy has on his plate.

1. Have any of you tried calling The Mustang Ranch of Fresno, to see if he can be reached there or if they know how he can be reached? Their Toll Free is (888) 657-PONY. Maybe one of you could try to reach him through the mustang ranch.

2. Dr. Stang, you could always contact Pay Pal and ask them if there is any other ways to resolve this situation. They may have exceptions to the 30 day clock for situations such as these. If you paid with a credit card through pay pal you may want to call your credit card company.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts