Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last I read was last night from Midlife, and he some distance away from the landfall.
I realize they have other priorities right now. :(

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Speaking about major destruction. My dad was awoken by a tornado in the back yard this morning 4:30am. It tore off the door to the garage housing the 67 clone.
The tin roof was peeled back. No damage to the 56 bird either.
Other damaged was a shed..treehouse..5 trees downed..fence sections ..neighbors garage was smashed flat???Tornado must have started on it. The rest of his house is fine. Across the street the guy lost a travel trailor because the cover smashed it also. Dad said the winds were 55 mph solid with gust up to the 70-85 mph range. The walls of the house actually bowed! I expected that house to be blown apart..sub floor house and positioned to catch the wind. Sesh it did pretty good. Winds came in from the SE and they got the NE side of the eye. granted they are 20 miles inland ...but still ::
I managed to get thru to them this morning...now all the phone lines are out.
At first light the news has been giving some shots of the destruction...the East bound I-10 bridge over the Escambia bay has about 1/2 mile of it missing!!!!! The water that is usually 20 feet below is about 4 feet from the bottom of the bridge. Downtown Phalifax area is really under water. Some areas are flooded up to the 2nd floor. Perdio and Ono Island...sesh I really don't even want to know. If the pier was taking 26 foot swells...I can only imagine. The last record I received from the bouys was 45 feet. And that storm hit at high tide 3am. damn....Bishar I hope you faired better than that.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
IVAN

Right about now some people are questioning their desire to live near the ocean.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Our jaunt to Memphis was a lot of work, but was fun while there. I'm glad it ended up being unnecessary for us, but I do feel lucky and sorry for those East of New Orleans.....I have a few pals who HAD beach houses in the Orange Beach and Dauphin Island AL area....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts