Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for feedback on VMF Member karina08.

his name is Marco and his website is MY MUSTANG STORE

He says that he has the parts I need in his junkyard and has sent me pictures of them, but I need some feedback from the masses before shelling out the $ to someone out of state that I am not familiar with.

Please advise.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Last time I dealt with him, he took forever to send my parts, that said I DID get them..

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
He responded to my wanted ad looking for trap door trim foam clips. He said he had them in his store and instructed me to ck them out on his site but didn't see them there. I looked pretty hard but what I did say appeared to be retail dealer pricing anyway and I bought repo set. It took a week or more for him to respond back, I would steer clear of this guy.

He directed me to this website: http://www.ahwooga.com/storecatalog.asp?userid=296

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so I'm guessing he's allot like Big Block George, he does not have a very good track record ? I googled the website and found a few posts on other forums saying the same thing. he is not very punctual.

I will likely steer clear based on the opinions posted here.

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Hi
First, I've dealt with Marco years ago and was quite satisfied at the time. But, he didn't have a "big time" web site either.
If you are looking for OEM parts, Google "JD Larsen". He carries an extensive listing of OEM a repo stuff.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
First, I've dealt with Marco years ago and was quite satisfied at the time. But, he didn't have a "big time" web site either.
If you are looking for OEM parts, Google "JD Larsen". He carries an extensive listing of OEM a repo stuff.
Good Luck!
I am actually needing take off parts and don't want to spend a fortune. this guy's prices are good, but the lack of feedback and or info kinda scares me.

I will check out the guy you mentioned.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
To be fair, his prices in general weren't that bad but for relative things I thought he was high. Like a kick stand for fold down seat trap door for $50. Then again, maybe others might feel like thats a good deal? Pricing is so subjective.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, his prices are $65 a side for the A Pillars + removal fee + shipping. not bad considering that places like Prestige are around $250 per side.

Just do not have any bone yards local to me that I am aware of to get them from. Another one of our members here has what I need as well, but it's a 4 hour drive each way and I just do not have the time to travel right now to get them.

I really need to do these as my next repair since they are structural. Then I can move on to the floors, etc.....

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I have bought parts from Marco a couple of times, but it has been at least 3 years ago. His parts were always well represented and I had no problems whatsoever. However, I have heard some less than positive feedback in the past couple of years with regards to him taking longer than anticipated to ship parts. I would suggest contacting him and making him aware of your concerns, if you have any. He struck me as a pretty honest guy.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will do that. It may be better to talk one on one than to keep talking via e-mail.

Just trying not to get burned.

·
VMF Ambassador
6,667 Posts
What kind of parts do you need? I know a guy up here in Wake Forest who has a huge stack of OEM parts, but more of some things than others. I could ask him for you if you want, he's a really great, really friendly guy. Lets you set your own price if you're fair to him.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What kind of parts do you need? I know a guy up here in Wake Forest who has a huge stack of OEM parts, but more of some things than others. I could ask him for you if you want, he's a really great, really friendly guy. Lets you set your own price if you're fair to him.
Kelly, I am needing the A Pillars from a '67 or '68. Like this.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bought from him twice about 4 years ago. He is snail paced but he does deliver what he says. If he has something you need and you don't need it quick, he will deliver and found him to be honest in his description of part.
Thanks yelostang.

Yes, he has those A Pillars I have been asking about. and his price is $65 per side plus removal of $25 and shipping.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm not sure where you are looking (looks like CJ Pony from the watermark) but CJ Pony has them for less than $250 a side. In fact, they are less than $250 a pair. $171.66 with free shipping sounds a lot better than $130 plus removal cost and shipping for used ones. I bought a pair from them (when they were more) and they are pretty good quality.

Results for 1968 a pillars - CJ Pony Parts - Ford Mustang Parts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not sure where you are looking but CJ Pony has them for less than $250 a side. In fact, they are less than $250 a pair. $171.66 with free shipping sounds a lot better than $130 plus removal cost and shipping for used ones. I bought a pair from them (when they were more) and they are pretty good quality.

Results for 1968 a pillars - CJ Pony Parts - Ford Mustang Parts
Were you listening to my conversation just now? LOL
I was just saying the same thing to my wife about this since I am up in the air about the seller. I also had posted a pic from CJ's site earlier today as a reference as to what I am talking about.

One question I have for you on these from CJ's. what does the interior side look like? Is it just the outer section or does it include the part of the inner section that curves around where the cowl and dash weld to? Do you know what I mean?

·
Registered
637 Posts
As long as they are in used or easily restorable condition, I try to always stay with OEM or NOS parts. Repro's just don't have the same quality. I don't want parts on my car stamped 'TAIWAN'. Just MHO.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's because they are from Dynacorn. I checked CJ's site and they are no longer on sale, they are back up to $201 for the pair with the backing plates for the hinges. I think they still qualify for free shipping though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If I had my way, I'd have all OEM or NOS as well but it's not always possible or practical. For what it's worth, these are Dynacorns.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts