Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I have to spend some money.
My Distributor module went out on me last night.
Fortunately I was only idling in my driveway so it didn't leave me stranded.

I was looking at possibly a cheaper alternative and the Ford Duraspark system came to mind. Just curious if anybody had tried this before and how it worked out.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i used the dura spark on mine in the past and it worked out fine just mount the module where it gets good air flow to keep it cool makes them last longer. finally switched to a mallery with msd box.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I just used a standard Duraspark dizzy with an MSD box... Really easy to hook up and works great.

Got pics on my website if you wanna check 'em out... engine section...

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Duraspark with Crane box here. If you need a steel dizzy gear you should order a duraspark for a 1985 Mustang Gt 5 speed (has the gear for the roller cam).

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.
Any clearance issues with a straight monte carlo bar?
My Mallory dizzy clears fine, just want to make sure I'm not causing another problem ::

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I have the setup and still use the factory box w/o a problem. If you use the Duraspark, only use the "blue strain relief module" box as the brown module is a Calif smogger unit. Good luck.

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
I have the Duraspark distributor with a MSD6-AL. Trouble free..Plus you can get replacement parts easily.

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
I saw on the Ford Six Performance site that you can set it up with just the ford module, just the MSD box or both. Is one way better than the other?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts