Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

New member out the Northwest Indiana/South Chicago region. My old man used to be a VMF member years ago. Currently do not own a mustang, but was hoping to change that.
I was looking to the VMF community for some possible help tracking down my old mans vehicle.

Backstory - So back in 04/05 me and my old man picked up a white 66 coupe with a 302? Goals were to do a father/son build with the car and once it was finished it was going to be mine. Well time went by and the project kind of lost its steam. We had a someone approach us to do a straight trade for a cleaner 85 fox body for the 66 which used to be his dad's car. So me being young and dumb thought it was "smarter" move to trade for the car which was already built and basically ready to drive. Which I did...(boy do I regret that, hindsight 20/20)

Fast forward to present day - I'm sure you probably guessed it but my old man passed away and I'm looking for the car for sentimental reasons and was hoping it was still floating out there and not in a scrap yard. Due to moving and everything else, I cannot find anything with a VIN # but still searching, looking through old hard drives and boxes. All I have is the old plates from the car. I was hoping if I blasted it through the car communities and social media I would be able to track it down.

So I was able to get a hold of the gentlemen we traded with a few weeks ago.
He said he sold it a while back to someone out of the New Lennox, IL area.

1966 Mustang w/302
The last I saw it was white with a gold hood. Just like the pictures below.

Last location I am aware of - Crete, IL possibly Steger, IL
Possibly location - New Lennox, IL?

I know this a reallllll long shot but I figured I would at least try.

Thank and I apologize for the real long post.

Attachments

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,521 Posts
An interesting first post for sure. If you don't mind, I changed the thread title and am relocating it to the main forum. The idea being you need as many folks as possible to have a look.

·
Registered
1970 Sportroof Mustang Grabber Value Package
249 Posts
Hello everyone!

New member out the Northwest Indiana/South Chicago region. My old man used to be a VMF member years ago. Currently do not own a mustang, but was hoping to change that.
I was looking to the VMF community for some possible help tracking down my old mans vehicle.

Backstory - So back in 04/05 me and my old man picked up a white 66 coupe with a 302? Goals were to do a father/son build with the car and once it was finished it was going to be mine. Well time went by and the project kind of lost its steam. We had a someone approach us to do a straight trade for a cleaner 85 fox body for the 66 which used to be his dad's car. So me being young and dumb thought it was "smarter" move to trade for the car which was already built and basically ready to drive. Which I did...(boy do I regret that, hindsight 20/20)

Fast forward to present day - I'm sure you probably guessed it but my old man passed away and I'm looking for the car for sentimental reasons and was hoping it was still floating out there and not in a scrap yard. Due to moving and everything else, I cannot find anything with a VIN # but still searching, looking through old hard drives and boxes. All I have is the old plates from the car. I was hoping if I blasted it through the car communities and social media I would be able to track it down.

So I was able to get a hold of the gentlemen we traded with a few weeks ago.
He said he sold it a while back to someone out of the New Lennox, IL area.

1966 Mustang w/302
The last I saw it was white with a gold hood. Just like the pictures below.

Last location I am aware of - Crete, IL possibly Steger, IL
Possibly location - New Lennox, IL?

I know this a reallllll long shot but I figured I would at least try.

Thank and I apologize for the real long post.
Good luck, that would make an interesting back story if you find it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You've provided more information than most. Good luck with your search.

-Steve

·
Premium Member
13,388 Posts
Since you have the old license plates perhaps a real sleuth could connect them to the VIN. I doubt that the employees at the local DMV will be of any help.

·
Registered
21,384 Posts
Do you know your dad's username? This may help. Someone here might have known him personally and may have some insight where the car went. Good luck with the quest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts