Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I would like to know if anybody knows [email protected] or has bought a disc brake set up from him.
He has a nice set up for a great price.
I just want to see if he is for real.
Thanks
Homer

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's the thing. I posted that I was looking for a setup. I got a message from a new member here. He gave me a name and email address of the guy with the kit. So I contacted him. He sent me a picture of his kit. I asked where he was and how he accepted payment. He told me where he was and said it would be Paypal. He would send me a request if I was interested. I did not reply yet. But today I got a money request from another name and said it was for the kit.
Just trying to see if it is legit.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
first reaction is run away . Second , contact a vendor here on vmf or a known supplier .

Reactions: GT_SCODE

·
Registered
333 Posts
My 2cents - there are bargains out there, but brakes are not something I'd want to buy on price. Good brakes can be affordable, but either from recognised suppliers as a kit, or from the likes of Mustang Steve as more DIY projects....

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,659 Posts
But today I got a money request from another name and said it was for the kit.
Just trying to see if it is legit.

No.

The sticky I put up in the "Wanted" section is there to warn against exactly such people.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ignore that person, and find someone knew. Sketchy detail number 1 new member selling an item
Sketchy detail number 2 sketchy new member isnt sellingn the item they are selling for someone else
I was looking for a part a while back and someone pm'ed me esaying they had the part. I went to check their profile, they had no discussions no interactions with anybody.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me. I placed an ad wanting some seats. Some new person with no VMF history offers to sell me some seats. Turned out be a scammer of course. I reported it to Gypsy and he took care of it.

·
Premium Member
1968 coupe, 1968 vert, 1966 coupe
759 Posts
Someone messaged me said they had what I was looking for so I gave them the email I use for junk mail so they wouldn’t have mine and then he emailed me saying he had the rotisserie I wanted $6,750 what!!!! I can buy 3 brand new ones shipped for that price!!! Scam!

·
Registered
64 1/2 D Code Coupe,
3,326 Posts
Hello. I would like to know if anybody knows [email protected] or has bought a disc brake set up from him.
He has a nice set up for a great price.
I just want to see if he is for real.
Thanks
Homer
What was his price? It's funny that if it wasn't a scammer they'd be on here to defend themselves.

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,213 Posts
Contact John at Opentracker Racing he offers Ford style single piston disc brake kits with either manual or power disc brakes.

Reactions: kenash

·
Registered
1967 GT500
576 Posts
Same thing happened to me a week ago on this site. I had put in a want ad for 1967 deluxe seats. I got a PM from a member of 2 weeks with 0 posts. I ignored him.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts