Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a few short write-ups on the K&N Studstack. Apparently it cleans up the airflow into the carb, resulting in more horspower; but I don't know any details.

Just how well does it actually work? Anyone have any personal experience with one, and about how much can I expect to pay?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I think you're actually looking for a K&N STUBSTACK. They run under $40 at Summit.

Can't personally attest to the claimed gains. There's people who swear by them, as well as people who swear at them.........

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link Clone. Summit does indeed list the part as a Stubstack; but the November '99 Mustang&Fords I have here at my desk calls it a Studstack. Neither one sounds very appealing!

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I put a K&N substack on my Holley, I have not seen them for Edlebrock.
I can "feel"and hear a noticeable the difference and will also put one on my '68 when I can.
It does require at least 1-1.5 inches above the top of your air cleaner lid.( per instructions) With less than that I could feel no difference. So if you have a recessed base like I do you will have to build it up for the required clearance. I paid about $36 at PAW for mine.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
yeah, but you have a "substack" ... the question was about the "studstack" and Clone decided to link the "stubstack". Where were we /forums/images/icons/wink.gif?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I guess a studstack is not as good as a "studSACK" but I would not know as I am stuck with a "regular sack! LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts