Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I understand it, I will lose compression going from stock heads to aluminum Heads, but theses have a 56 combustion chamber as compared to stock at 58cc
.................................................................................................................

Brand:Trick Flow Specialties
Manufacturer's Part Number: TFS-52515601-C01
Product Line:Trick Flow® Twisted Wedge® 11R 190 Cylinder Heads for Small

Cylinder Head Style: Assembled
Cylinder Head Material: Aluminum
Cylinder Head Finish: Natural

Combustion Chamber Volume (cc): 56:

CNC-Machined Combustion Chamber: Yes
Intake Runner Volume (cc): 190cc
Exhaust Runner Volume (cc): 66cc
CNC-Machined Intake Runner: Yes
CNC-Machined Exhaust Runner: Yes
Combustion Chamber Style: Twisted Wedge®
Intake Port Shape: Rectangular

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1966, original to the car.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's good to hear. So I'm assuming the 56cc is just for that..... increasing compression over stock.

·
Registered
12,309 Posts
It would be close to what you now have....... the '66 289 range in
chamber size is 52-55 cc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the TW 11R 190s on my windsor. Nice product, I ended with a 9.97:1 compression ratio on my 351w. couple things, make sure you upgrade your pushrods to Chromoly pushrods stock ones will wear against the guide plates. I stuck with stock rocker ratio but you may be able to go bigger with the stock bottom end. you can clay your pistons and check.

here is a few calculators
Automotive Calculators

·
Registered
42,817 Posts
The only way you're going to know, for sure, is to "cc" your existing OE heads. The "nominal" size is supposed to be 54.5cc but can fall anywhere within 1-2cc of that range and not necessarily on ALL cylinders.

What I would do is find out exactly what you are starting with as far as block deck height and piston dish/dome volume, diameter, compression height, what you're going to use for a head gasket bore and compressed thickness, your new head cc, and your final static CR. THEN you can pass that info on, along with your other vehicle data, to your cam grinder to select the most appropriate grind for your build.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I don't think losing a couple of fractional points of compression is going to make a bit of difference. The increased flow characteristics of the TF heads will FAR outweigh what little compression you'll lose over the restrictive stock heads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.