Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across a buzzer that sounds when you turn your engine off and your ext lights are still on. Anybody using one of these? I'd love some feedback on how they work. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I saw an AC Delco one at my local auto parts store for around $5. Seemed simple enough to wire in. I haven't bought it yet, though.

·
Registered
692 Posts
No buzzer, but I did wire in a relay so the ignition switch had to be on for the headlights to be on (similar to newer vehicles). This will prevent you from leaving the lights on when you park your car. I did this the same time as the Brighter Headlight mod from JamesW. It only requires one additional relay. I modified the wiring diagram on his website showing the new relay if you'd like a copy.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I modified the wiring diagram on his website showing the new relay if you'd like a copy.
I would like to try it on my Falco. Already did the brighter headlight with it. Send me a copy? BTW, I also been thinking about building a console for Falco. Just finished pulling out the bench and putting 66 stang seats, so I have a "hump" to fill up.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I installed one of those in an car I used to have. It did work well, only not as loud as they are on newer cars. Was very easy to install if I recall correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts