Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on the Summit Racing website the Transgo kit allows manual holding of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. The kit is more pricey than some of the others ($110 vs $60 or so for the B&M Transpak, still cheaper then buying the Lentech valve body...). I've been riding a Transpak around in my trunk for a couple of months, but since my desire to be able to hold 2nd and 3rd will make me unhappy even with the Transpak, I'm leaning toward buying the Transgo and selling/trading the Transpak. Just curious if anybody else is using the Transgo AOD kit, or if anybody has any feedback on Transgo kits in general. Thanks /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Shane

·
Registered
645 Posts
I don't have this shift kit... but I would love to have it!

From what I've read, Trans-go's are supposed to be a lot better than your run of the mill shift kit. They are supposed to firm up the shifts like the others do, but like you've found out, also raise shift points and allow manual control (not sure how that works, anyway), and also add durability. I think the others probably make your transmission more prone to failure, because all they seem to do is give you harsh shifts.

The ultimate in my book would be the Lentech valve body, but because of its high cost, I will probably eventually add the trans-go.

If you get it... pls let us all know what you find! I've been reading your posts on your frustrations with the AOD shift pattern and I really feel your pain..... it's not very enjoyable, even when you're just giving it some gas, but not fully on it... and... "thud" it goes into third gear at some ridiculously low rpm... you think to yourself, "some performance car, here" /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts