Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mustang Depot is now selling Fiberglass Specialties' hoods.
I'm assuming it is to replace the MP/Maier racing piece(s).

Here's the Link

If you have received any of the FS hoods from Dallas Mustang I want to hear about the quality and fit.
I'd really like to hear what your painter thought about it and how many hours it took to make it fit. Especially nice would be the hours to make it fit/block sand on a black or very dark car.

I do NOT care to hear about Branda, MP, Maier, or UP22, thanks.
Let's just make that another post (actually there have been many already on those brands).

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Hey you didn't list my fiberglass! :: After reading your post again, I guess that's a good thing seeing that I'm not in the least wanted!! ;)

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doug,

It's ok, I was just trying to narrow it down to this product, since it's fairly new.
And being on the list was not necessarily a good thing.

I'm not familiar with your hood ... want to send me a blurb on a PM? Here is fine too.

What I'm looking for is a 65 w/67 Shelby scoop that I don't have to pay my body guy more than a reasonable amount of time to prep. The last hood (M+) cost over 40 hours to prep for 'Show Black' and THAT is absurd.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Bill,

I've got a 3" FS cowl hood from Mustang Depot NV. I've not done any work to it yet but have set it on my car. It looks to fit well (is within 1/8" of cowl width) and should only have minor prep work to get perfect. I'm much happier with the FS hoods' look/quality than the MR Spoiler Deck Lid I bought from MD,NV at the same time (Fiberglass Specialties doesn't do a spoiler FB Trunk Lid yet).

If you'd like to see it in person, drop me a PM... The cars up in Sultan, as am I most evening and weekends these days ::

Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts