Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought from Classic Auto Air? I made a purchase from them and are not happy with their service. I ordered an expansion valve and a sight glass hose from them. They said they had the parts in stock and would ship the next day. Well 4 days later they got around to shipping parts out. Parts show up and I go to put on my car and the hose is not threaded on one end. I call them up and they say they will send a new hose out right away.A week later new hose shows up. Take a look at it and it does not look right. Sure enough they sent the wrong hose. So I call them again and they say their mistake sounds like they sent a hose for a 68 and will get another new hose out right away for my 69. Now it's been another week and no hose. It has also been 1 month since I placed my order and still do not have my air working. Is this the way they treat all their customers? How have you been treated by them?

·
Administrator
19,503 Posts
My friend had a similar bad experience with their service. He ordered an a/c system for his Mustang two months before leaving on the first MAA run and the only things he received were promises. He had to pay up front and it took almost as long to get his money back--and that's without ever receiving anything.

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
It's a strange co. It is located in an old neighborhood, and is housed in what were once houses and/or old store fronts.. Some floors are old tile, etc. Very low ceilings, etc. but they do have the stuff and are an old company. They used to have better service than they do today. I ordered some hoses for a daily driver hangdown and the person said he couldn't help me. Tried to buy a condenser for a 68 and ended up getting it from a Mustang parts dealer. Their parts are top notch but it doesn't mean much if you can't get the right one. :(

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I had nothing but a good experience with them. I sent the money for the system and received it the same week. Of course I only live 75 miles away, but that doesnt mean to much to UPS. UPS does take longer to send packages across country than across state.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Drove to their shop in Tampa from Orlando and had a first rate experience. They even saved me money by resurrecting my existing compressor which was knocking from non-use. They charged it, lubed it up and I am still running it 4 months later.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I've dealt with Al for about 12 years and have had nothing but above excellent service. No matter what business you seal with, there can be problems, but call them and talk to Al personally. I think you'll be happy at the results.
They did my A/C system and 2 years later, it wouldn't hold freon. Turned out the dryer was from a bad batch they got. Fortunately, I'm in Ft Lauderdale, so I drove over (only 250 miles) and they replaced the dryer, charged the system and apologized for the trouble!Call him and see what happens! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts