Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is a 1972 Mach 1 currently listed on e-bay #2486224876.
VIN is 2A30F189308. There is a picture of the dash plate showing the VIN.

Never heard of a "A" build location or "30" body code.

Any guesses as to WTF? I notice the seller appears to be selling only children's clothes prior to this. Scam?

Steve
http://chezdajez.mypicgallery.com/stevesmach1/my-72-mach-1.jpg
My 1972 Mach 1 Q Code

·
Registered
966 Posts
Although the tag looks like a Mustang tag, is it possible it is off something else? The dash pad appears to have the right shape, but it looks like it has been recovered - there is piping, or stitching, along the front edge. Mine doesn't have that, and to the best of my recollection, my previous one didn't either. Ask for a shot of the warranty tag on the door for comparison. You could also ask for a picture of the buck tag, too. Good luck!

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
That's not a Mustang VIN, it probably from a Galaxie or a Torino.

I'm betting that this is a "sale for a friend" deal. THe person know nothing about the car (it's listed as a 72, but carries 73 parts).

I wouldn't be fast to call it a scam as it carries very few of the typical "scam" traits; it's in the US, the guy lists a #, the palte matches where it's listed as being located, etc.

I'll bet someone swapped the VIN on this so they could drive it on another plate and never put the original back in.

...messy...messy...messy....

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Stay away from this one..not only is the VIN wrong..the car looks like a '73 to me..the giveaway is the side stripe..the '72's had a different stripe..the '72's had a hockey stick looking stripe..I know..I own one

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
You know what they say... Ask the man who owns one! ;)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I have a friend in the DMV and the police here in San Jose ( heheh being a ER Nurse DOES have its advantages..). Ill try and run it by them and see what they say..

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
You would have also notice being the "man who owns one" that bumpers and grill are also a 73 but what do I know... I own a 71 and get censored here everyday.. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts