Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else on here was able to make it to Spring Carslile show in Carslile, PA on April 19 thru 22? I went on Saturday. The weather threatened earlier in the day, and traffic was impossible, but the show went on as planned and was incredible. Over 8000 vendors and close to 600 cars of all types in the for sale corral. I saw three Shelbys for sale, one of which, a 1967 GT500 in Red kept making my knees weak!! She was sold by the time I left for $39,500. The other was a 1968 GT500 Convertible in Blue with an asking price of about $59,800 I believe it was, and a 1969 in a rather unappealing light lime green. Also saw a few other Mustangs for sale, a nice 1967 FB in white with blue interior for $12,500, and an all original low mileage 1968 sprint coupe, no price seen. I stopped in to see Tony Branda and his crew, and recall seeing who I thought was Virginia Mustang Supply. There are so many vendors there its impossible to remember who was there, and if you saw them. We walked for 5 hours and saw about 1/4 of the vendors and displays. Really an awesome show, and a must do for any old car enthusiast at least once.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Not me but I'll be there for the Ford Nat'ls 1st wkend of June. just booked my room for Friday night today - got the last one at the hotel/motel I usually stay at. Had to get a smokin room but I'll deal. Took the g/f for the 1st time last year and she had fun. Of course had to get some shoefly pie! :) I find the All ford show best since you don't have to sift thru 6 venders to just find 1 Ford one! I have also found the All Ford show is much easier to get thru w/o as much traffic as the all make shows.

Mike

Mike
Cortlandt Manor, NY
'68 GT390 FB, 4spd bench seat
http://www.geocities.com/stangman39/stangsho.html

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey 69gt390bench,
Where is Cortland Manor? Is that by Cortland? I'm in Binghamton. I'll be at the Ford show on Saturday with my brother-in-law. He's got a 68 coupe and a 69 390 Mach.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
hey Blue 72,
Cortlandt Manor is down closer to the City - about 40mins North of the City. Binghamton is about 2hrs south of me.
I'll be at the Ford show in Carlisle on Sat. - driving out Fri night and hitting the show on Sat. Will your bro have the Stangs in the show field?

Mike

Mike
Cortlandt Manor, NY
'68 GT390 FB, 4spd bench seat
http://www.geocities.com/stangman39/stangsho.html

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live 15 minutes away (without show traffic), but I pass on the spring show. Just too crowded for me. I will go to the Ford show though. Much smaller crowd, and many more Mustangs to look at (and buy of course). You can hit all the vendors in one day with no problem. I will also go to the Chrysler show because my Father in-law is a Mopar man. The smaller shows are better.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was there on Friday. Great as always and I was able to find everything on my shopping list. I agree...that red Shelby was best of show as far as I'm concerned. There was also a destressed black '68 fastback down towards the pavilion area that was going for a song. I'm sure it went quickly.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was there from Weds evening till Saturday morning.Thursday was a good shopping day and not so crowded, didn't find many deals on Friday, we left Saturday Morning around 9 am, we were headed in the right direction, the traffic leaving was next to none, but Interstate 81 was backed up for what looked like miles for people trying to use exit 17, glad we got out when we did.I walked the entire show field I believe at least twice while there and still have the sore feet to prove it.I don't believe Virginia Mustang goes to the Carlisle show, at least I have never seen them there.I did see CJ's, Keystone,Mustangs Unlimited and a few smaller Mustang dealers.Looks like Laurel Mountain has stopped going to the Spring show as well.Noticed that CJ"s was carrying more 5.0 and newer stuff to the show-I think a 1/3 or more of what they brought was newer stuff.

1967 S code GT Deluxe Coupe 65B
1966 Convertible 76B 289 4 speed

Descendent of Francois Seguin dit Laderoute,
Soldier Regiment d' Carignan, New France 1665-1668

·
Registered
562 Posts
I was there from Fri. morn. till Sat. evening. Had a nice drive (8hrs.) from Canada, walked my legs off and spent too much American $ (and had a great time doing it). I just have to ask,, whats with the "please tip the attendant" after you pee. And all of the 'johnnys' were grouped together, making a pee for free impossible. (had to vent). See you next year. Mark.

http://www.classic-mustang.net/ReadersRides/MarkMustangs.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was there, didn't spend as much as I thought because I didn't find too many good deals. Did anyone see the one vendor selling the tach part of the rally pac with cut off wire ends for $275. Don't know who would pay that much for the tach alone. Maybe someone would. Overall, pretty neat show. I like it. And it helps I live close to it.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
hey while you were on 81 you shouldve taken a little side trip down to CJ pony parts' actual store... its only a few miles from carlisle... real neat place

'66 coupe resto in progress... IT NEVER ENDS

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dare I say that the most interesting car there was the Yenko Camaro. I have just never seen one up close before. I really want to know what it sold for...anyone know? Besides that, I saw a lot of nice cars. Especially that 56 T-bird they're rafling off. Still looking for a 64 Chevelle project, but didn't see anything. Oh well, maybe next time. Can't wait for the all Ford Nationals. I need a new console, and hope to pick up something in decent shape. Any suggestions on console shopping for a 65 coupe???

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you go to the All Ford Carlisle show there is usually a guy at the end of Row H-toward the main gate end who has quite a few restored consoles, he is a bit pricey, but they look like nice pieces,and he has alot of the hard to find items-he knows his stuff, can't think of his name, but you should be able to spot the rows of consoles he has set up usually.I picked up a nice 4 speed black console last year at the Ford show needing a little cleanup,but overall in good shape-found it at a different vendor for $150, with the correct shift plate and in everthing intact, I thought that was a pretty good deal.

1967 S code GT Deluxe Coupe 65B
1966 Convertible 76B 289 4 speed

Descendent of Francois Seguin dit Laderoute,
Soldier Regiment d' Carignan, New France 1665-1668

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
said i wasnt going-but did.saw the 2 shelbys there back to back.luved the red 1.saw a nice 68 console 610.00..no not that nice...live in va..about 3 1/4 hrs away..decent show//just crowded ...so high..but u can usually find what u need..saw a decent orange boss 302..23,24.000 i think.not as many mustangs as i figured/act. very few....later

neverending

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i went, it wasnt as good as other years, but it was good, going to the all ford nats, going to wear my new VMF shirt now that i have one...

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[color:blue]Todd Dietrich
restomod junkie, 19 year old kid who has too many ideas and not enough money to finish any of them..
ObsidianSpider on AOL IM
http://home.att.net/~obsidianspider/5lugwormviewsmall.jpg</font color=blue>

·
Registered
660 Posts
The Ford show in June is the best by far. The spring and fall Carlisle shows are turning more and more into nothing but "made in a hurry" tool tents. I always go Sunday to get the "we don't want to load this stuff back up on the truck" bargains. I swear by that method. The one thing I will give the spring and fall shows is...if you want a great deal on a rare part all you have to do is climb "heart attack hill" at the rear section of the fairgrounds...most folks don't make the effort and it pays dividends practically everytime for me. Example my GM friend picked up a 70 Chevelle SS dash from a vendor on top the hill for half of what they wanted down on the flats.
Same quality....the huffing and puffing saved him $450.00. They wanted $850.00 at sea level. Now how anyone can pay hard earned money for any GM part is beyond me,,,but to each his own.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts