Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up until now, other than 5.0 / T-5 transplants into vintage stangs, I could have cared less about late model mustangs. For whatever reason, the writeup in the August Hot Rod got me pumped up for the release of the 2003 Mustang Cobra SVT.

A few highlights:
- Eaton Supercharger (@ 8 psi)
- TTC six speed manual
- 3.55 limited slip rear (31 spline axles)
- Alum driveshaft and heads
- 13" Brembo brakes / 17x9 rims

390 hp at 6000 rpm / 390 lb-ft at 3500 rpm
0-60: 4.8 seconds
60-0: 134 feet

All this with a 4.6 with a 6500 rpm fuel shutoff, cast iron manifolds, and 8.5:1 compression. What would happen to performance without the fuel governor, and with headers and higher compression ?

Price? $34,750

Looks like a cool car to me......My company car lease will be over later this year....Think I can talk them into one of these? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Dickson

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
That car is prob. the best Stang/Cobra to come out of Ford since the '68 CJ!! However, I'd wait til the '04's come out and they work the kinks out of the '03's. I have read tho that with about 1-2K in boltons they are putting down about 450hp at the rear wheels! I am pretty sure that factory rated bhp is a bit underrated! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Mike

G

·
0 Posts
I think the body style is going to chage in 2004 as well. I am very excited about it. I have owned 2 cobras over the past few years. I just got to get the wife to let me have ALL the toys I want at the same time!

·
Registered
553 Posts
i thought i saw a post here about someone seeing the 03 Cobra at a dealership and by the time the mark-up and everything was tallied the price was more like $54,000? it might be all bs, maybe i saw it on another board and it was posted by some GM/Chevy person that realy dislikes Fords. price is one area that i dont mind the corvette winning over the mustang. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Some dealers are marking them up 5-10K which is crazy...you can find them at MSRP if you search.

Mike

·
7,025 Posts
Why would you be excited about a supercharged Cobra?

For the same money I got a Pontiac Montana...and it's got 2 Power Sliding Doors!

Now THAT is cool. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Phil

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually Phil, I've been hoping for one of them new Aztecs..perhaps with NOs...../forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Perhaps the fugliest car ever produced, this side of the AMC Pacer. But I'll SETTLE for an '03 SVT Cobra... Dickson

1 - 8 of 8 Posts